500th post - No avatar??

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by aussie_geek, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

I have just reached the 500 :) post limit and my user CP does not let me upload an avatar. What's happened?

aussie_geek

2. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

It took an hour or so before my account allowed me to add an avatar. Might have been a lot longer if they knew what my 'tar would be :eek: :p

PM a mod if you don't have access in an hour.

Do you have a slick 'tar all ready?

3. aussie_geek thread starter macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

Yes - Marilyn Manson is here to save the day!! :p

Not just yet - there is one in the works though... I have one of William Shatner from Boston Legal for the mean time... - Denny Crane. And again.. Denny Crane :D

edit - Whoot - avatar enabled :D :D

aussie_geek

4. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I just hit 500 posts and I can't do it either. Guess I will just have to wait...*taps foot impatiently* :p

5. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

yeah I just got mine a week or so ago and it doesn't happen instantly

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Didn't notice until a couple of posts after I hit 500. I hear it takes awhile. Looks like you've got one now.

7. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

just FYI - the server cleans itself/updates everything every hour or so, so sometimes there's a little wait between the time you pass a milestone and when the server allows you to use your powers.

glad to see it's working for all concerned parties in this thread now. If in the future you have problems getting it to work, PM a mod, instead of starting a thread. Thanks :)

8. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

9. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yes, as many have stated here, it's not an automatic thing. Sometimes you have to wait a few hours, or even until the next day depending on the MR servers and their routines. But, all good things comes to those who wait! Plus, it's just an avatar, there are bigger things to worry about in life... ;)

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Hey.....Take that back. :)

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Nice! Welcome to the club! ;) Not that you weren't already in, Aussie! :p

12. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

:) You'd be surprised how many people are focused on just getting a little picture under their name or bumping up their ranking, as opposed to actually contributing to the Forum and only saying something when they have something meaningful to say. Luckily our excellent Mods are on the ball and usually stop that kind of behavior before it gets too out of control. ;)

13. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

No joke. I've been posting since December '03 (and reading only for 6-8 months before that)-- but I only post when I have something to add to the thread-- ergo about 250 posts. /sighs/ Meanwhile I've watched many many 3 monther's qualify for a 'tar and disappear.

14. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yep, I've been here 2 years, and although I'm quite an active member, I have seen a lot of members come and go as well, along the same lines as what you've described. Eventually they get banned for spamming the Forum, they lose interest, or something along those lines - you just have to get used to there being people like that in the community, just like with any community I suppose. ;)

15. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

True. This is, however, a better quality community than any other I have observed. There is very little name-calling, there are few ad hominem attacks, and there is a lot of tolerance for posters who don't bother with a google or a forum search. I'm sure this is primarily attributable to the first-class mods on this board. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.