512 mb sandisk drive

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by downingp, Dec 10, 2006.

1. downingp macrumors 6502a

Jun 26, 2006
    I have a 512 mb sandisk drive I like to use to transfer files from one computer to another. I recently tried to add some files to my drive, but it said it is full. I looked at the properties and it showed I only had 24 mb left. The funny thing is, I don't have any visible files on the drive. How can I look to see if there are some invisible files I need to delete so I can free up some space.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    Back up what you have, then reformat it to FAT32 --- preferably on a DOS machine if you are going between platforms.
  3. Sesshi macrumors G3

Jun 3, 2006
    One Nation Under Gordon
    The other possibility is that it's going bad. I've had more Sandisk flash RAM go wrong on me than any other brand - but then, it is a very large brand. Either way, try what CanadaRAM said. If it won't format properly or show up the capacity properly after a format, it's the clearest indication it's bad flash.
  4. JHacker macrumors 6502

Aug 27, 2006
    East Coast
    Is your Trash empty? If you delete files from a flash drive, they don't actually get deleted until you empty your trash.
  5. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

May 14, 2003
    Ha, ya, this caught me when I first got my mini. I moved a bunch of pictures off a compact flash card to the trash but didnt empty. When I took the card out and put back in the camera it said "Card full." I was like WTF??? But I figured it out pretty quickly.
  6. downingp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 26, 2006
    thanks. That seemed to work.