512mb / 1.25gb / 2gb

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by XP Defector, Mar 14, 2007.

1. XP Defector macrumors 6502

Wow, all I can say is the performance increases with 2GB are quite substantial. I really noticed the first 1GB I installed, along with the stock 256MB. I upgraded to 2GB today and OSX feels the same (Aperture is still a little jerky in full screen mode, is this because of the Macbook graphics card i wonder?). However, in parallels I've XP running with 1000MB of RAM and OSX using the rest, both OS's feel native. It's amazing. As for parallels, I noted that running via a bootcamp partition 'felt' much better than virtualization. Parallels is amazing software.

Next I might go for a 7200RPM MPR HD... :D

2. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Is Aperture slow? I got a Macbook Pro with 1gb of ram. Theres just under 11,000 photos in my Aperture libary and it's as smooth! :)

3. XP Defector thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, so I guess it is the crappy graphics card in the MacBook that causes the slowdown, although, what speed is your HD?

4. Skrilla™ macrumors regular

Congrats, I am about to purchase 2GB this week or next. :)

Then I'll be going for the 7200 RPM drive.

5. XP Defector thread starter macrumors 6502

Same here, I'm not sure whether or not to wait until the 160GB 7200RPM drives, but I kinda need it now. I wish they would tell us about a release date.

But seriously, these MacBooks once maxed with 2GB and 7200RPM drives out are unbelievably quick for their size, weight and power consumption.

6. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Yeh i'd like to get a larger hd that is faster too. But unlike the Macbooks the Pro models are really difficult to change hard drives. But from what I have heard and used, those new 160gig drives are just as good as 7200.