55% americans support harsh interrogate tactics,

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by clevin, Sep 9, 2006.

1. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Wow man, that's gotta be really tough using hash to interrogate
    those dudes. :cool:

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

3. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

5. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Is this the same 55% who don't believe in evolution theory? :confused:

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

and voted for Bush you left that out. Whats the point of catching bad guys if you are now a bad guy? Just more brain dead stuff from the administration and party of spin. I thought we were suppose to be better then this.

8. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Lets test out torturing out on those 15% and see if they still favor it when we are done!:rolleyes:

9. Desertrat macrumors newbie

I wish somebody would put "harsh tactics" into specific words. Flogging? Hooking the guy up to a transformer? Beatings? Starving? I'm totally against that sort of thing. Physical abuse is generally foolish and commonly non-productive of any useful information.

So far, what I've read in the media about "harsh" generally doesn't seem to fit the dictionary definition of torture.

'Rat

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Three words. Paris Hilton. Singing. :eek: :eek:

11. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

OK OK I KILLED HIM I'M SORRY TURN THE MUSIC OFF

12. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Ya, if it means allowing them to be yelled, I think i'm ok with that, because it seems like a good trade, possible upsetting someone for save a few lives..of course it might not be very good way to get GOOD info

13. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

It'd make an interesting Venn diagram.

14. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

from here

This isn't designed to keep you American's safe at all. It's designed to save Bush and co's asses for War Crimes dating back to 2001.

15. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

Is it still a Venn diagram if there's only one circle?

16. Desertrat macrumors newbie

.Andy, I don't see hypothermia and waterboarding as "merely" harsh; it's torture...

The waterboarding is merely a variant on what people I knew endured during Kempetai interrogation in the Philippines in WW II. Another little pleasure was to fill your stomach with water via a garden hose, and then do a knee drop on the bulge.

The hypothermia thing is quite reminiscent of some of the Nazi's "medical" experiments...

'Rat

17. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

In that case, I don't support it...people will say anything when you do that to them. If your saying..Did you eat my kast piece of cake? No..then you make them think they are drowning..Yes Yes, just make it stop

18. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

The Bush administration is doing all they can to cover their tracks because they
    know if the wrong people have their way in the upcoming Congress, they are in trouble legally.

19. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Nobody's happy:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/09/10/wirq10.xml

"...Khalid Alaani, who was also picked up in Ramadi suspected of involvement in Sunni terrorism, said: "We preferred the Americans. We asked to move with them to Baghdad airport because we knew the treatment would be changed because we know what the Iraqis are. When the Americans left everything changed."

And

"Most of the prisoners held by the Americans at Abu Ghraib were either released in recent months or transferred to a new £32 million detention centre at Camp Cropper near Baghdad International Airport."

'Rat

20. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

And to think we are suppose to be a nation of laws. What a fine example our president has set, lets see... lie about WMDs, Torture,Secret CIA prisons,ignore the Geneva convention,spy on every American, Then make it up as you go with signing statements. Yeah im real proud to be an American these days. Then Cheney gets on TV and has the nerve to say that the republican congress has shown strong oversight. LOL.:D

21. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I guess when CIA or DHS thinks you are a suspect. No reason is needed under the current protocol. They will ship you out to some place where the current USA prizon rules cannot cover.

22. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I dunno... what do you call it when you're stuffed into a sleeping bag and beaten until you are dead?

23. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Wonder how many of those people claim to be Christians. WWJT (who would Jesus torture). This is deplorable, against everything this country stands for. Supposed to stand for. We have due process to protect the falsely accused, to protect against abuse by those in charge, and to keep ourselves from becoming what we are supposed to be fighting against. But 9/11 scared the heck out of us, so we have no problem throwing the rights of others right out the window because we want the perception of safety.

Of course, even if we toss out all of that human rights stuff torture doesn't actually work as a viable tactic for numerous reasons. Any one who knows anything about it will tell you that. At this point I'm more afraid of my government and my fellow citizens than the terrorists. This is exactly what the terrorists wanted to happen, and it worked. Thanks GW and the MSM for playing right into it.

24. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

I wonder what kind of national and international poll results we would get
    of how many people believe in harsh prosecution of corrupt politicians?

How many people believe that this administration should collectively face
    an in depth open criminal investigation in the process of their removal from office?