5G case from iSkin?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Baked, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Baked macrumors newbie

Nov 8, 2005
    What's with the delay on coming out w/ a case for the new iPods from iSkin lately? It took them over a month to come out w/ the DUO for Nano, and there's absolutely no mention of 5G case since its introduction. What are they doing? I hate my Martin Field Overlay on my 5G Black 60GB. It's a PITA to put on, even after I used magic tape to clean up all the dust particles. The edges for the front piece doesn't stick, and the back piece is obviously 2 mm too big. After 2 days of usage, dust and what not is trapped and starting to collect under the expose edges of the film. In addition, my fingers are quite oily even after excessive hand wash, and without any side protection from the MF overlay, there are finger prints all over the mirror finish of the iPod. Further more, the MFO's so clear, there are oily finger prints all over the surface of the iPod.

*Shoots self for buying the hype and biased reviews and wasting money on the Martin Field Overlay*

Introduce a 5G case already iSkin! Yes, I know zCover has a case for the 5G, but did you see the S/H fee? OMG!
  2. clayj macrumors 604

Jan 14, 2005
    visiting from downstream
    Yeah, I'm waiting for this, too. I've got the iSkin duo for the nano and it is REALLY nice... iLounge gave it a very strong recommendation. I'm OK with them taking a little while to get the Gen5 iSkin out as long as it's as good as the nano version.
  3. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2001
    I got an email from iSkin yesterday. They expect their 5G Skins to be available sometime in December.