5G iPod now, or wait for MacWorld?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mariahlullaby, Dec 16, 2006.

1. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

Well, I know you hate these type of threads, but I'm in a conundrum!

I just received a $150 Apple gift card for my birthday (my parents love me :D). I had planned on hanging on to it until MacWorld, and cash in on a lovely new video iPod. But, should I wait for something that might not happen?

-I currently have a 2GB iPod nano (my signature is wrong; I used to have a 5G but I sold it when I desperately needed the money for school. I miss it.)

-I currently have a 12 inch Powerbook

Tomorrow, we are going shopping (where the Apple Store is located). Should I go ahead and get one of the new + improved Apple iPods? I am planning on getting one and a shuffle if I do, and sell the nano. If a new iPod DOES come out, I can always sell one or both.

Or, I can hang on to the gift card and maybe use it towards a new laptop after I sell my Powerbook.

2. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Get the shuffle, since it's cheap (and awesome), then wait and see what happens in January.

3. mr_matalino macrumors 6502a

mr_matalino

Macworld isn't even 3 weeks away...just wait.

4. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Agreed!

At this point in time...you better wait or you will be kicking yourself.

5. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Just wait. There is no point at all this close to a huge conference to buy. You made it this far, don't break. Wait and see what's released, then decide what you want to do. Besides in all likelihood if you bought a new one, the released a new one and you tried to sell the fifth gen, you'd lose money, so why go through that?