5G iPod Video help. Need some suggestions

Discussion in 'iPod' started by mulze22, Nov 27, 2005.

1. mulze22 macrumors regular

Ok. So I have a few movies that are in .avi format and are in widescreen format. My question is when I export from quickime what settings should I use. I usually use mpeg-4 and click 320-240 and when I do export it doesn't leave the black bars (which I want) but it like fattens up the movie so the people in the movie are really like tall and the width seems unproportional to the length. What are some options that I could use, either a different program or setting. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.
    Michael

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

are you using quicktime pro? if so, the Export menu should give you the results you want - choose the export "movie to ipod (320x240) and you should get distortion-free video for your ipod...

3. mulze22 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I am using quicktime pro but I think when you export to ipod it is a lot slower so I was seeing if there were other ways around it. But if I have to I guess I will to export to ipod.

4. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I've been using iSquint. Do a search for it on versiontracker. It has a few simple options to choose from, and you don't have to worry about all settings.

5. Battousai macrumors member

6. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Ive been using isquint too. works great with mp4 but cant seem to get the h.264 to work. anyone with success?

7. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

8. mulze22 thread starter macrumors regular

I am using a mac. And thanks for the suggestions. Gonna try it out when I get home from school.