5G Ipod W/CC or Card Reader ???

Discussion in 'iPod' started by dadopic, Dec 10, 2005.

1. dadopic macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I got my 5G as a present yesterday and I immediately went to buy a camera connector at the store, and tried what I knew was going to be disappointing....
    transfering 2GB of photos from my Nikon to the iPod.
    The first transfer was OK but still longer then 30 minutes, then I tried a second and it just stopped in the middle, I guessed the battery was too low.
    I had read about tis issue with the iPod battery draining down and I also read that some people has found a kind of a solution using the Belkin Card reader, so I went on their site and found 3 items that may serve the porpose.
    2 are basicly the same, they are battery operated one has 2 and the other has 4 batteries, the only difference that I can tell by reading is that one is USB and the other is FV.
    the third is nothing else but a 15 in 1 tipes card reader is not battery operated.
    Now I cannot remember where I read about this guy having solved the problem what was he using the Card reader connected troug the camera connector or the Belkin card reader battery operated without the Apple CC?
    did anyone tried this, and does it work, also
    which kind should I buy?

THanks YOu guys!
    Happy IPod everyone!

Dadopic

2. dadopic thread starter macrumors newbie