5th September - My Reaction

Discussion in 'iPod' started by R.Youden, Sep 5, 2007.

1. macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Just thinking about the news from today and how I see it:

iPod nano: Look OK, should sell well.

iPod classic: ditto

iPod touch: This is the interesting one. Being from the UK I have not seen the iPhone interface but by all accounts it is very good. That is the obvious selling point of the new iPod touch. I was tempted to get the iPod when it comes out in the UK, but I still think it has a number of limitations that mean, in my eyes anyway, it is not 100% practical. So I may just look at getting a new standard phone and an iPod touch for the superior video play-back.

I wonder if the iPod touch will hinder the iPhone sales?

2. macrumors regular

What about the iPod shuffle? lol

3. macrumors 6502

Hahah, and to think a friend and I were discussing this earlier and he "wondered if the iPhone will hinder sales with the iPod touch". I see them both vying very will in the same market, both are darn tempting even though they are very similar. I bet we'll see more iPod touch first and then it will tempt those users to buy the iPhone. After the Christmas season for the next 4 months or so I'll predict that the iPhone will sell continually more unless there's a rumor of another update or price cut.

4. macrumors 65816

yadmonkey

I think so, to a point. I'll get one eventually, but I'll never own an iPhone as long as it's tied to AT&T.