6 Inches!!!... Of Snow

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by irain, Dec 2, 2005.

1. irain macrumors regular

irain

Anyone excited about the 6 inches of snow in MA? Ahh I love snow days. Private schools get them almost too often during the winter.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You lucky, lucky bastard. What I would give to have 6 inches of snow right now. It's getting hotter here by the day yet the ocean at the end of my street is still unseasonably cold, that and it's rained so much in the last week it's probably a bit grotty.

Still, I'd take snow over the beach any day.

3. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

6 inches? That's nothing, you should make your way up here... ;)

4. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)

Nah....give me the beach!! Actually, that would be ideal, to live in the US or at least somewhere in this part of the world for six months of warm weather, then move on over to Oz for the other six months. A year of spring and summer, nasty old winter a thing of the past!

OTB

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Floriduh's weather isn't too bad year round, though I've though about taking to Oz during the Northern Hemisphere's winter. Right now, Malaysia is sounding really good.

Snow? Thanks, but no thanks. It's a 4 letter word.

6. athens macrumors member

athens

hehe Even Vancouver has had some snow this past week, I love the snow I hate how stupid drivers are in the snow :)

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Stop complaining! There was some seaweed at North Beach, but nothing I couldn't handle. ;)

I did get a bit too tanned, though.

But I do feel your pain. I want snow. Snow and hockey. That's what ANY Canadian would ask for in my position.

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

It's too early yet, give it another day or two. Most of the grottiness you won't be able to see....

I went to Canada in the year of the Hockey lockout. I was not amused, people whinging about multi-million dollar salaries... pfft!!!

I hope next winter is really good, I want to get some serious skiing in before I have to go off and join the real world.

9. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

wait is that what we are supposed to get or what we have, because i have none T_T

10. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

11. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yes, drivers can be pretty stupid when it comes to bad road conditions, it's quite amusing to watch - sine I'm not them :p ;) But yeah, especially in Vancouver - you guys really aren't used to it (I think you have a grand total of ONE snowplow for the entire city!) so that must be extra amusing. ;) :cool:

12. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Fo shizzle. Denver got three inches overnight. To people that have seen, though not often, five foot blizzards, three inches is "like winning ten cents in the lottery". ;)

13. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Ugh, not the jr./sr. high school I went to. School policy was to close whenever the city's system was closed, and rarely otherwise. I say it was because the principal was from Australia. Of course, he's now the president at a school in Nashua NH.
    I think I went from 8th-12th without having a single snow day. All the big snow happened on weekends. Heck, I got a day off work from last season's blizzard, but not a day out of school.

14. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

The whole South Vancouver Island got 2 in total. And pretty much both of them just goes up and down the highway. It's always a big chaos here whenever there's snow on the ground. :eek:

Btw, it only snowed twice here and melted already. :mad:

15. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yeah, our snow is here to stay...