Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you think the concept of the app is good?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Idk

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AMITNKALRA6421

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Hi, I'm Amit.

I'm a 16 year old iOS Developer and I recently launched an app last September. It hasn't been getting much attention, when I think it should. As you could tell from the subject, it does your math homework for you! This is an app that's recommended for high-school students. I was wondering if you could review the app for me! My friends told me to request a review here because I guess I'm not really good with marketing.
Here's some backstory of this app :

It all started in 9th grade, freshman year, when I was 15. My mom switched me into a charter school because she thought the school I was originally supposed to go to was too ghetto. I should’ve been in Geometry, but they put me into Algebra I and they wouldn’t switch me to Geometry. After a while of begging, I convinced my mom to switch me back to the school I was supposed to go to in the first place, with all my friends, and where I’d be in the right math level. But there’s a catch. I switched pretty late, the second semester had just begun and I didn’t know ANYof the basics that were learned from the first semester. So I struggled a few weeks and was tired of it. There were just too many math formulas to remember; area, volume, etc. My friend, Harrison, posted on GitHub that he wrote some code to do his Calculus homework for him. I decided to do the same thing, but for my math level. It was a console application in the Xcode playground. I showed my friends when they came over to do homework and they thought I should make it into an iOS app. It took me a while to say “You know what, might as well do it.”. And from there on, the app was born, and I finished Geometry with a breeze!

The second goal for my app was to put other math subjects in it. I didn’t want to launch an app with only one math subject, so I spent the summer break learning Algebra I again so I can put it into my app.

Fast forwarding a couple of months, showing all my friends the ALMOST complete version, they loved it. The app became live September 21, 2015. It averaged around 10 downloads per day, which I thought was an achievement since it was my first app! I continued to get 10 downloads per day until one day in November. I was sleeping over at a friends house and for some reason I decided to check how many downloads I got in the morning. My eyes boggled in shock! I had 10,000+ downloads overnight. I didn’t know how that happened. It turns out my app was featured in Estonia! I was in incredible shock.

The app is called 6284 Calc and is a FREE app (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/6284-calc/id1006996600?mt=8
6284 Calc is an app for students to never memorize another formula in math. Also, they'll never have to do their math homework because the app will do it for them! :)
My friends and classmates use this app all the time, for the things it supports of course. I update the app often, every time I learn something new in math class, it's added into the application.
The app is available for iPhone, iPod, and Apple Watch!
Thank you! I really hope you can do a review for 6284 Calc! It would mean a lot to me.

It will be going free on March 6. However, if you want a promo code, let me know!

-Amit Nivedan Kalra

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.