Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GT41

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Weekly Photo Contest (January 17-24)
Rules:

#1 You may submit only one photo per contest.

#2 The contest runs for exactly one week, from the time stamped on the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

#3 Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. A good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography, so it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.

#4 The judge will decide his/her favorite at the end of the week, place a post listing it, and include a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for choosing a new topic and starting a new contest thread, which again will run for exactly one week.

This week's theme is History or Historic Photographs... Lets see how we can do with this theme, I'm looking for something that reminds us of the distant past, either way of life, decay over time, historical processing, "typical old landscapes", historic items.

I figure this is a bit different from the every day category and hopefully it will bring some creative and artistic entries.

Good Luck to everyone.

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
Tombstone Arizona

Attachments

• IMG_1632.jpg
    IMG_1632.jpg
    930.4 KB · Views: 138

DaveOZ

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2008
Pantheon, Rome.

I love the way this ~2000 year old masterpiece sits so well with modern life.

web.jpg

Indydenny

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2002
Midwest
Aquaduct

Built by King Herod the Great shortly before the time of Christ. It brought water from springs 9 miles away to the city of Caesarea along the Mediterranean Sea. Today lengthy portions remain and could still be used.

Attachments

• Herod's Aquaduct.jpg
    Herod's Aquaduct.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 148

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Old Horseshoe In a Tree

I found this deep in the forest while moose hunting in Northern Ontario.

We discovered an old ironsmith camp where the horse used for logging, would stop and have their horseshoes changed.

Someone had obviously hunt this horseshoe on the tree which has since started to grow around the shoe :)

Unfortunately, I didn't have my SLR, but this photo captures the essence well enough.

Attachments

• treehorseshoe.jpg
    treehorseshoe.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 131

lluisitu

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2009
London, Old and Modern times

London

Attachments

• 2008-01-26 - 163 B&W.jpg
    2008-01-26 - 163 B&W.jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 112

TheCodfather

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2009
Newfoundland, Canada
"Abandoned"

This photo is from an abandoned community in Newfoundland that was part of the 60's era resettlement program. Amazing that it was still standing while everything else had collapsed. Took this with point and shoot sony cybershot!

Attachments

• Abandoned-House.jpg
    Abandoned-House.jpg
    485.6 KB · Views: 113
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.