Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Yeah -- I went with the 64GB LTE this time, my previous iPad was the 32GB iPad 1...I realized that only a handful of movies could fill that space up completely, and if I wanted to expand my iPad with a few hundred apps I would need the 64GB. Glad I decided to go that way. I have about 125 apps on mine now and I am using about 10GB so far, however a few more large games could easily add 10 more GB to that.

drenline

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2010
64 gb is the way to go, I wish they made a 128 gb already. I'm going to run thru this 64 go like nothing.

AppChat

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2012
Yeah -- I went with the 64GB LTE this time, my previous iPad was the 32GB iPad 1...I realized that only a handful of movies could fill that space up completely, and if I wanted to expand my iPad with a few hundred apps I would need the 64GB. Glad I decided to go that way. I have about 125 apps on mine now and I am using about 10GB so far, however a few more large games could easily add 10 more GB to that.

Is lte worth it?

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
It's not useful at all. Don't waste your $100 on another 32GB of storage space. It's useless all you can do is store more apps, music, videos, movies etc....
Complete waste of $$ and it will be very hard to sell.

lol nice one

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US
Mine is somewhat more than half full, which means if I had the 32gb model it would have already run out of space. The 64 is a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. I've learned to always get the top model of any new device.

AppChat

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2012
Mine is somewhat more than half full, which means if I had the 32gb model it would have already run out of space. The 64 is a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. I've learned to always get the top model of any new device.

Did u get the 4g model too ?

aphxtwinin

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
Denver
my 35gb of music made it an easy choice...but I think 64gb is best, if your looking to make it a long term investment

Audi09

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2009
Los Angeles
i have the 16gb and stream all the movies/music. No need for space... who actually saves videos and music to their iPads any more

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
The best resale value goes to 16GB. I went 32GB and I should be fine untill next year when I upgrade to the 64GB. If you want to Jam HD Movies go with the 64GB or better yet get the Seagate Goflex Satlellite 500Gb Wifi dirve. They just upgraded it to 7 hours on a charge.

That is why I go for 16GB iPad so I don't have to worry about putting movies into iPad. Cheap price is very important to me

drenline

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2010
That is why I go for 16GB iPad so I don't have to worry about putting movies into iPad. Cheap price is very important to me

You mean this is why you DON'T put movies on there, because you can't put many. Nice way to rephrase it.

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011

Took me two years to grow out of 16gb land. I miss it as the base iPad is the best resale value. But I needed lte too so I went with the 32gb lte which I love but am very cautious with. Also cases cost me a ton as I am very picky.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
You mean this is why you DON'T put movies on there, because you can't put many. Nice way to rephrase it.

I guess

----------

Took me two years to grow out of 16gb land. I miss it as the base iPad is the best resale value. But I needed lte too so I went with the 32gb lte which I love but am very cautious with. Also cases cost me a ton as I am very picky.

Why do I need a bigger memory when I still have an 16GB iPhone 4s?

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011
I guess

----------

Why do I need a bigger memory when I still have an 16GB iPhone 4s?

I don't know what your iPad habits are. Some people will never need more. For me the retina graphics in apps and magazine/comics eat up space. Not to mention all my PDFs. I only at most have two movies and that's when I am traveling and that's about 8gbs right there. It just depends.

My iPad is my personal assistant, media manager, portable tv, paper eliminator, universal controller for my house and more.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
If want to squeeze 5-6gb movies on it then you will probably want to go with 32 or 64. If you'll have an internet connection when you will probably watch most of these movies i'd recommend plex. I've got a few tb of movies and tv shows that i can access as long as i have an internet connection. I will only put a movie or two on if I'm traveling and know i won't have internet.

How did you manage to upload all that to the internet?

88 King

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2011
London, UK

I love PLEX, the media is stored on you computer with PLEX server program installed, as long as your computer is on and you have Internet connection (wifi or 3g) you can play any video up to 1080p as well as your iTunes music. Best feature is you don't have to convert video into iTunes format PLEX will do it on-the-fly stream it to you.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I don't know what your iPad habits are. Some people will never need more. For me the retina graphics in apps and magazine/comics eat up space. Not to mention all my PDFs. I only at most have two movies and that's when I am traveling and that's about 8gbs right there. It just depends.

My iPad is my personal assistant, media manager, portable tv, paper eliminator, universal controller for my house and more.

Well this is my first iPad and it is too early to tell what I want to do with iPad..Ever since I have used news app to read news, checking out Twitter/Facebook…surfing websites. I usually watch YouTube few times.

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011
Well this is my first iPad and it is too early to tell what I want to do with iPad..Ever since I have used news app to read news, checking out Twitter/Facebook…surfing websites. I usually watch YouTube few times.

Then stay 16gb if it's your first and just watch your usage. You will get a good idea of how your usage will be in a week.

ElCidRo

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2010
I definitely think the 64GB is worth it if you can afford it.
I had to choose between 32GB with 4G and the 64GB model. I went for the 4G :) Didn't have the funds to go for the top model unfortunately. (64+4G)

I, too, want to put some 1080p movies on it and some iTunes U courses. I will have to juggle my files a bit to manage. Next year I'll go for the 128GB if it will be available.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool

As someone else said you don't upload it. It stays on a machine in your home and you run the server application. The server app is also free which is great. You can get a client applicatiOn and put it on a Mac or pc as well to watch the content. Jailbreak an apple tv and install it or spend 4.99 on the app for iPhone/iPad

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
The best resale value goes to 16GB. I went 32GB and I should be fine untill next year when I upgrade to the 64GB. If you want to Jam HD Movies go with the 64GB or better yet get the Seagate Goflex Satlellite 500Gb Wifi dirve. They just upgraded it to 7 hours on a charge.

damn I'm really leaning into the 500 gb wifi drive, given that i can just buy the lowest iPad model (wifi 16 gb) each time.

AppChat

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2012
I definitely think the 64GB is worth it if you can afford it.
I had to choose between 32GB with 4G and the 64GB model. I went for the 4G :) Didn't have the funds to go for the top model unfortunately. (64+4G)

I, too, want to put some 1080p movies on it and some iTunes U courses. I will have to juggle my files a bit to manage. Next year I'll go for the 128GB if it will be available.

Are u going to used 4g?

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011
damn I'm really leaning into the 500 gb wifi drive, given that i can just buy the lowest iPad model (wifi 16 gb) each time.

When I saw they upgraded the battery life on the Wifi Drive I got really excited. Not to mention for traveling or in the car with kids since you can have mulitple devices and crossplat form.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.