Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
I just saw the latest episode of Stargate SG1 on SciFi. There were a pair of scientists carrying around a TiBook. This is not the first time I have seen a PowerBook on that show.

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
So, in SG1 they have access to the best technologies in the universe, and which computer do they go for? Well, it's obvious, isn't it?
;) :D

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I'm just sitting watching the latest episode of 24, all the kit is Mac, and very nice mac kit at that, they have everything, PowerMacs, PowerBooks, Cinema displays, I even just spotted a Cube! Damn, I love those things!

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
i saw that episode of startgate too but i'm pretty sure it wasn't a powerbook... it looked like an apple but the screen wasn't quite wide enough and when the camera moved around the keyboard didn't quite seem right... maybe i'm talking about a different scene but who knows

i do love sci-fi again... i love stargate and farscape (i just wish they'd bring back invisible man ;))

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
man I really don't get into tv much...but I'm gonna have to learn more about this "24" show... :rolleyes:

I think the last sighting I saw was on an episode of "CSI" on CBS a few weeks ago...again...I don't watch much tv... ;)

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Don't forget "Dark Angel". They used to have Mac's all over the place. I haven't watched in a while, but I hope they still have plenty of them.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by AlphaTech
Don't forget "Dark Angel". They used to have Mac's all over the place. I haven't watched in a while, but I hope they still have plenty of them.

Oh, hell yes!!!

I'm pretty sure I saw a 20th Anniversary Mac on the last show.:eek:

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
I'm adding a new sighting without starting a new thread...only Aussies will know this I guess but there's a guy using a TiBook in an ad for some newsagent or something...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I saw a little of MI-2 over the weekend, and they had a powerbook in that as well, might be old news, but I had never seen it there before.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Save Farscape

I don't know if any of you have watched or know of the Sci-Fi channel show called, "Farscape". If you haven't all I can say is you're missing the greatest Sci-Fi/Space Fiction show ever. The special effects are just fantastic and most of them are done on macs.

Well to my and a great deal of other people's dismay the Sci-Fi channel is backing out of there contract and canceling this series. If you or anyone else feel as bad about this as I do please sign the petition to Save Farscape and send letters requesting it's continuation. You can find all you need to help save, Farscape at the following address.

http://farscape.wdsection.com/

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Well in the US, There is an Army Commercial talking about 212 ways to become a solder. The one where they are talking about computer skills a guy is standing there with what is obviouly a TiBook under his arm, however, later in the commercial you see a different guy use a Silver Toshiba Laptop.

BTW: In Case No one heard, Dark Angel has been Cancelled on Fox, if it shows up on a different network at a different time is unknown. (Apperantly Macs were the easiest to repair after the EM Surge.)

The most obvious Mac in TV is the different Macs that have sat on Drew Carey's Desk in the Drew Carey Show. At first it was a PM4400 sitting on a table next to his desk, then a G4Cube (With Grey Circles over the Apple Symbol except behind the Monitor) I've even seen him running OSX and accually doing something on the computer. Rumor has it that he will be getting an iMac and Mimi will be getting one too to replace her grape iMac.

Also last week watching a portion of a The King of the Hill re-run, About Christmas before Y2K, Peggy wants a Computer System to put in her office. At the End of the Episode, Hank hands her a Pamflit with an iMac on it. He says he got here a Blueberry one and it will be there in two weeks.

Thats all for now...

TEG

MacBandit

macrumors 604
I'm sorry if you think you smell spam. I'm just really upset about Farscape going away. I did a search for farscape on the board and then sorted those threads based on there relativity to the subject and posted to each of them.

I'm just doing my best to get the word out to everyone and hope that we can save this show.

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
Originally posted by MacBandit
I'm sorry if you think you smell spam. I'm just really upset about Farscape going away. I did a search for farscape on the board and then sorted those threads based on there relativity to the subject and posted to each of them.

I'm just doing my best to get the word out to everyone and hope that we can save this show.

i read about what sci fi is doing to my fav show and i'm not very happy either

i'm going to be giving them a call fairly soon

i suggest everyone who has enjoyed even 1 episode of farscape calls.... i don't see why sci fi is cancelling their #2 show

JamesDP

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2002
I was reading TV Guide the other day and there was a picture from Dawson's Creek with James Vanderbeek and Katie Holmes sitting at a coffee table or something and he had a Powerbook on his lap.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I took a close look at the Without Me video today and I noticed the kid's room near the end of the music video had a lime iMac, slot loading, I think.

ejb190

macrumors 65816
Ya' know (sorry-the Midwest slang coming out),

Apples are just so much easier to spot on T.V. How many times do you watch and think to yourself "Wow a Hitachi display! I wonder if they have a Dell or an HP hooked up to it?"

I know there is a big push for product placement in movies and television (ie the uproar about the digital replacement of ads in Times Square in Spiderman), but I wonder if this is Apple promoting itself or set designers using a unique and identifible item.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.