Discussion in 'Community' started by Gena, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Gena macrumors newbie

2. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

3. Gena thread starter macrumors newbie

it seems there are: newbies, regulars, however many variations on the theme of the number 6000, demigods, and moderators. i'm just wondering about the middle one.

4. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

Newbie = 0 - 29 posts
    Member => 30 posts
    Regular => 100 posts
    6502 => 500 posts
    65816 => 1000 posts
    65832 => 1500 posts
    68000 => 1505 posts
    68010 => 2000 posts
    68020 => 2005 posts
    these are apple processor designations and they just continue up to more and more modern processors.

demi-god/goddess => support of site with purchase of macrumors donation mug ($30) or $20 donation

5. Paolo macrumors regular

a mug

You call your selves demi-gods because you bought a mug..... hahahahahaa.... hmmm really that is pathetic.
    $30 for a mug!? that's expensive I'll stick to my own 50c mug thanks very much.

6. Pin-Fisher macrumors member

El cheapo... :D

Attached Files:

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: a mug

Oh, sometimes being a moderator puts me into a situation where I can't express myself the way I want to.

Regardless of what we are called - Demi-Gods and Demi-Goddesses support the site. Arn is paying for this out of his own pocket, we're helping him so his loss isn't as great. You come here and use the site, that's fine, just realize that there might be a whole lot more to it than what you know.

D

8. King Cobra macrumors 603

>$30 for a mug!? that's expensive I'll stick to my own 50c mug thanks very much.

If it's 50¢, then $29.50 goes to Macrumors to help support the site. You really seem positive about supporting arn and his future Xserve. :rolleyes:

Besides, you know you want to, bubba.

Contribute to Macrumors! :cool:

9. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

NO, Arn calls us Demi-Gods.
    and the mug is a DONATION to the site to keep it up and running smoothly.
    im sure your 50¢ mug dosnt have a big Macrumors logo on it;)

Attached Files:

10. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I'm surprised you can breath with your head that far up your ass. :eek: I believe that $20 of the cost of the contribution mug goes to the site, to help keep it alive and well. $10 goes to the online store, to help cover those expenses, as well as the cost of making the mug.

Price some 16oz coffee mugs sometime with custom messages printed on them... $10 is not all that much when it comes down to it.

As for your 50¢ mug, you can keep that pansy-assed mug and cram it for all we care (full of steaming liquid would be good).

I for one (of many) will be purchasing the next contribution mug, when it becomes available, and continue to support MacRumors. How many other demi-gods (and goddesses) are with me on that??? :p :D

11. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

hmm... Nice mug... I might see about making a contribution to MacRumors in the near future... I just have one question... How does this thread fit under "Hardware Rumors"? the 6502 is old news these days :p

12. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

I'll be buying a mug in a few days here, I just keep putting it off. Alphas right, I use the same service to make my logo stuff, and the prices he quotes are pretty accurate.;)

13. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

14. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

well, I've just moved the thread to the appropriate forum.

and I know I'll be getting v2.0 of the mac rumors mug. Although, I might let my membership lapse for a day to find out what my processor is for my post count. Arn never did tell us beyond 2005 what they were. :D

D

15. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

put me down for another mug when my current one expires,
    right now id be a regular i guess:rolleyes: not as cool as what duke or eye would be but still cool:D

16. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

here is where i stand

there are pros and cons to this approach

being the oldest active non demi-god or god on this site, i see the good side as:

1) it helps arn and you do get a mug
    2) you can form a bond with other demi-gods

the downside is that:

1) you can feel left out if you don"t buy one
    2) some demi-gods can get very clique-ish and fraternity-like with such an exclusive designation

if and when i buy a mug, i will do it under one of my other characters on macrumors here or send an anonymous contribution so i can just be a regular member and make my comments as such so no one tries to attach any extra weight to it

i am not one for clubs and exclusive organizations and i find everybody's comments valid and interesting for macrumors

17. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: a mug

i find that to be a bunch of crap - sorry jef - its not right and a pretty lame excuse at that, worse than wanting to get a 8500 next to your name before joining. if you don't want to be a demi-god, that's fine, contribute anyway you like, buy things other than mugs, it doesn't really matter. I don't think any 'extra weight' is added by the demi-god status - you are who you are, your reputation is what you stand up against - and you have one of the most solid reputations on macrumors.

and besides, its not actually allowed to have more than one screen name, as put in the agreement you acknowlegded by signing up. :D

D

18. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: Re: a mug

he he he....too bad we all don't have the moral judgement of AlphaTech... ;)

19. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

Re: Re: Re: a mug

ok, i will leave out multiple personalities:D

what did he say?

20. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: Re: a mug

ha, and he's a wannabe moderator - now that would be a fun one!:eek: :D

21. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: Re: Re: a mug

um, sorry, I'm confused now on the reference to 'what did he say?'

let me know,

D

22. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a mug

it's because my right hand does not know what my left hand is doing

kind of like the beltway...you should know that;)

23. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

24. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i just hope the demi gods just don't scare the newbies away...thus is the reason for my post to the newbie who hated the mug idea

it can be a scary thing joining a new forum, especially a mac forum

sure, we are more intelligent than the pc side forums which are less techie, but they are so much more polite in general

but the macrumors store with all items like mugs and t shirts is a good idea to raise money and when i go to mwsf, i will definitely have a t shirt and see if anybody else is there

there should be geekfests in several different areas of the world for macrumors fans

it seems like the most common locations i have seen for members is london and new york

25. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

i'm thinking geek fest will happen enough that it will basically be when ever there are more than 3 macrumors members getting together.....it just might take a while to get things going.

D