69$ Ipod when purchasing laptop

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by boxcar, May 30, 2003.

1. boxcar macrumors newbie

This is a fantastic deal. Buy an ibook or powerbook and an ipod, get 200$ back. Buy a printer too get 300$ back total..... Hmm seems like mac's trying to move it's laptops!!! it ends sept27th, i wonder if that's the due date for laptops with ppc970!!!!

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/buy_a_bundle_terms.html

edit:Clarified Title (Sorry for confusion)

2. deryk macrumors regular

You got me excited! I thought I could have a brand new late or current iPod for $69.00. If I had the money to buy the laptop, I could fork over the cash for the iPod.

3. boxcar thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry man... i was too excited by the deal to express myself properly. Of course, now i can't edit the title of this thread. But it's still an excellent deal, and a bit suspicious.

4. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

Not a bad deal at all...

5. t^3 macrumors regular

Re: 69$ Ipod when purchasing laptop

No, that's the Saturday before a good number of colleges start Fall term.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Its probably just me, but I can't find the deal anywhere on the Apple.com site when I try to find the deal. In fact, if I go through the process of purchasing a 12" iBook with Combo drive, there is no "SPECIAL OFFER" heading under the iPod selection. I've also tried to find this deal when purchasing a 12" PB, and didn't find anything. I also couldn't find anything by simply browsing the site. :(

EDIT TO ADD: Ahhh, never mind. They keep that baby hidden. Maybe they don't want too many people taking advantage of it. Otherwise, I'm sure there would be something on the main page, or somewhere on the Apple Store's screen.

Notice how the page I found is different from the page you found: http://www.apple.com/education/hed/students/bts/ :confused:

7. nickfit macrumors member

I don't think that they intended to keep it secret. It's just that it is only a deal for students. Apple has always been pretty good about offering deals to students. Certainly, it would be good for Apple to have a bunch of students sitting around campus with their Apple logos glowing, or jamming with their Ipod.

If they posted it on the main store page, though, people could just easily say that they were students and get the deal. The offer is showcased, though, when you go to the Apple store for education. Personally, I can't wait for my student loan to come in so I can take advantage of the deal.

8. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Think this is another tactic for apple to try to clear out their ibook and tibook stock for the new upcoming laptops? If that's true, we won't see any new laptops until October then.

9. toughboy macrumors 6502a

toughboy

lets hope that this is not what truth is...