6C115 GM PrintSharing Nightmare

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by whfsdude, Aug 20, 2002.

1. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

lets start off by says that I have gotten printersharing to work on earyler builds of 10.2

Ok I was able to get it to work via plugging it in to my iMac - iBook. When I put it on my LAN it doesn't work. Setup here is Asante Cable/DSL router with an airport as a bridge. I had this same setup and printsharing worked on earyler builds but not the GM 6C115. Anyway I took away the airport and am just going through the router, doesn't work.

Anyhow it can still find the printers it just wont print. I have tried this with two printers. Is it Apple or is it me???

Please help me before school :)

2. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

That's weird... Does anybody know how printer sharing in Jaguar works? It'd be really nice if a computer can use rendezvous to see printers attached to computers with printer sharing on. It would make it really easy for me to share my epson USB printer across my network...

3. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Hmm..

I, too have been waiting for Jaguar to have this feature again. According to the info I could find on a Google search, USB printer sharing is still having difficulties with routers. Unfortunately, no specific info was givven where I looked at how to fix it. Basically, they said to go back to OS 9 (like THAT'S helpful). I guess I really don't know anything then, huh? Sorry.

Gus

4. whfsdude thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

6. whfsdude thread starter macrumors 6502a

but why won't it work over my Local Area network? it used to work on the pre Gm builds. It also works when plug enet into my computer and into my ibook and create a computer- to - computer network. I don't think it could be this subnet thing but I'm no expert so if it could explain :) thanks Gus :)

7. whfsdude thread starter macrumors 6502a

wait SubNet Mask in network prefs so it must end in a 0 :) but it can find the printer but when you print I think it sends but it doesn't print :( 255.255.255.0