Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neuroticomic

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
rookie here.

i have a few :apple: stores near me here in NJ. I was wondering from people who have picked up previous ipods on launch day, if its crazy like the iphone launch, or will i have no problem just driving over to one wednesday and getting one.

thanks in advance.

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
rookie here.

i have a few :apple: stores near me here in NJ. I was wondering from people who have picked up previous ipods on launch day, if its crazy like the iphone launch, or will i have no problem just driving over to one wednesday and getting one.

thanks in advance.

I have never had a problem getting anything :apple: related on launch day

Matto1020

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2007
I was wondering this same thing. I am hoping I can watch the press release and still stop by the Apple Store around 3pm or so and pick one up (assuming they are worth the upgrade from the 5.5g)

telf22

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2007
i live in nyc, i have skool 2morrow and finish an hour after the prsentation starts. from school, im going 2 walk to the apple store on 5th avenue and c if they have them, and if they dont i'l will wait til they do that day. :). I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rbroady

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2007
i live in nyc, i have skool 2morrow and finish an hour after the prsentation starts. from school, im going 2 walk to the apple store on 5th avenue and c if they have them, and if they dont i'l will wait til they do that day. :). I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am doing the same, im out of class at 3 eastern time, an hour after the presentation is over.

im thinking the 5th ave store will have more stock?

...cant wait

stevenisHAUNTED

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2007
Texas
does anyone know if they will have them at other stores(i.e Best Buy, CompUSA, or Circuit City)? i'm kinda like far away from an iphone like 5 hours :[

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
I am doing the same, im out of class at 3 eastern time, an hour after the presentation is over.

...cant wait

im in a class called computer engineering from 1:30-2:45 eastern...and its my lunch at like 12:15-1:30//(so ill go to the computer lab) and see it there

telf22

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2007

...cant wait
hopefully they will have them, i want be able to concentrate in skool 2morrow. :)

beaker26

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007
Stores like Best Buy and Target will get them soon after, but not on launch day. I would assume within 3 days most of those stores will start to get the new products.

thespazz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
FYI, they shouldn't go on sale until AFTER the keynote. So, 12PM Pacific seems like a good time to head to your apple store.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
Stores like Best Buy and Target will get them soon after, but not on launch day. I would assume within 3 days most of those stores will start to get the new products.

My guess is that the Apple Stores will get them tomorrow, and the rest of the retailers will get them on Friday. :)

r.d

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2007
Etobicoke, ON
Will Apple Stores in Toronto, Canada get them on launch day too? Or is it only the US? Because I live 5 mins from the store here and I plan to go after school at 2:30pm EST.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
Will Apple Stores in Toronto, Canada get them on launch day too? Or is it only the US? Because I live 5 mins from the store here and I plan to go after school at 2:30pm EST.

I wouldn't count on it. I suspect it would be a week or two before we see anything, if previous experience is an indicator. If you really want it, order it from the Apple Store online this afternoon, and you'll probably get yours in the mail before any of our local stores have them in stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.