Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpadhiyar

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2012
Ahmedabad, India
Spigen iPhone 6s Plus Tempered Glass is the best. Currently, I am using it on iPhone 6s Plus.

Spigen-iPhone-6s-Plus-Screen-Guard.jpg

Femme

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2010
It's been 7 days since I put on the Dawise with Spigen Tough Armor. So far, no dust, no lifting, and no bubbles. The Tough Armor does not interfere with the Dawise at all. However, it does raise the level of the screen to the point that the tough armor's lip barely extends past the Dawise. I might need a new case with a larger lip. Any recommendations?
Otherwise, the Dawise has held up pretty well. I put a second one on my father-in-laws 6sPlus and it had a couple of bubbles on near the bottom of the screen. After a few days, those bubbles are gone.

Dizzy
Can u post a picture please. I have the same case as well and I'm interested in seeing the combo look

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Spigen iPhone 6s Plus Tempered Glass is the best. Currently, I am using it on iPhone 6s Plus.

Spigen-iPhone-6s-Plus-Screen-Guard.jpg
Bwahaha. Ok then. Have you not read the reviews both on here or on Amazon? They're scathing. From what I've read from other people, the glass doesn't even cover the entire LCD most of the time. There are also many complaints about quality control.

No thanks, not for me. You enjoy though.

Last edited:
Reactions: caligurl

TroyBoy30

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2009
Atlanta GA
Now that it's no longer available for Amazon Prime, shipping has slipped to November 3-20. So that's a bummer. :(
thats what mine said when i ordered. my nexus 6p wont ship till december

Estimated delivery date:
Tuesday, November 3, 2015 -
Friday, November 20, 2015

weird i got my shipping notification lol

ive got the speigen on my phone now and have no lifting, but its not even close to covering the whole screen. ill keep it on until my good one comes in

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
Ordered one of those 3D S/P's from Godosmith. It'll be here next month around Thanksgiving. Shipping from China. This is for the black color version.

Ramrod82

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
quoted wrong post thought it rely yours to. but does your moshie actually stick ? or does it just not show it lifting around the edges because it has the black frame around the outside ? or white depending which you got. im tempted get that but every protector i have tried having stores install it lifts up around edges.
Yes, mine sticks, no problems at all. I didn't put my leather case on for about 6 hours to be safe but I have since taken it off a few times, the apple leather case, and its on there good!! No complaints here, happy as can be!

Ramrod82

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
quoted wrong post thought it rely yours to. but does your moshie actually stick ? or does it just not show it lifting around the edges because it has the black frame around the outside ? or white depending which you got. im tempted get that but every protector i have tried having stores install it lifts up around edges.
There is a slight lift but nothing huge, if anything adds more protection.

Berthacrowley

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2015
Nahant, MA
In people's experience, when the instructions say that any bubbles should disappear within 48 hours, does that usually actually happen? I just installed the daswise edge-to-edge protector. There is no dust trapped underneath and I got it aligned pretty well. But there are a few slight bubbles along the black edges of the screen, they almost look like condensation?? But the phone & protector were totally dry when I installed it. I tried rubbing over the areas will a microfiber cloth for a bit and some of them went away but some are still there. They're not noticeable when the screen is illuminated so I can probably live with it (especially since the daswise is only about $10) but I'm wondering if there's any hope that they'll disappear!

I'll upload a pic later when I'm home with my access to my husband's phone. I'm using it with a Speck Candyshell Grip and I was worried the higher edges around the screen might interfere with the screen protector but they stop just short of rubbing against it. If the edges don't chip & collect dust I'll be pretty happy with it! A big IF, I know.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
has anyone has success getting their $3 coupon from AliExpress app for first time buyers? seems impossible as ive entered the code numerous of times.

salamence502

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2007
has anyone has success getting their $3 coupon from AliExpress app for first time buyers? seems impossible as ive entered the code numerous of times.

They have a limited amount of coupons per hour (says so in the terms at the bottom), so you need to try to grab it during the first minute of the hour. Worked for me.

My Ice Max order has been shipped, hopefully it won't take a month to arrive.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
They have a limited amount of coupons per hour (says so in the terms at the bottom), so you need to try to grab it during the first minute of the hour. Worked for me.

My Ice Max order has been shipped, hopefully it won't take a month to arrive.
i'll try that. thanks.

Bootsie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
Utah
In people's experience, when the instructions say that any bubbles should disappear within 48 hours, does that usually actually happen? I just installed the daswise edge-to-edge protector. There is no dust trapped underneath and I got it aligned pretty well. But there are a few slight bubbles along the black edges of the screen, they almost look like condensation?? But the phone & protector were totally dry when I installed it. I tried rubbing over the areas will a microfiber cloth for a bit and some of them went away but some are still there. They're not noticeable when the screen is illuminated so I can probably live with it (especially since the daswise is only about $10) but I'm wondering if there's any hope that they'll disappear!

I'll upload a pic later when I'm home with my access to my husband's phone. I'm using it with a Speck Candyshell Grip and I was worried the higher edges around the screen might interfere with the screen protector but they stop just short of rubbing against it. If the edges don't chip & collect dust I'll be pretty happy with it! A big IF, I know.

Mine never went away, I have on long one (about an inch) along the upper right edge of the screen, and it actually got worse in those 48 hours (it was only about a quarter of an inch at first) if I press on on it for a long time it goes away for a few hours and then comes back.

nms71

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2015
Hi,

Does anyone know if the Cinder works with the Otterbox Commuter case? Thx

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Yes, I have. Make sure you "clip" it or add it to your account. Also, as has already been mentioned, there are a limited number every day.

Probably just for aesthetics. Manufacturers may think protectors ar less visible if they mimick the front of the phones more identically.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Yes, I have. Make sure you "clip" it or add it to your account. Also, as has already been mentioned, there are a limited number every day.

Probably just for aesthetics. Manufacturers may think protectors ar less visible if they mimick the front of the phones more identically.
tried it both hours already, still can't get it. i'll keep trying.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
tried it both hours already, still can't get it. i'll keep trying.
Are you getting an error message? I think you have to clip it to your profile and then choose to apply it at checkout. Are both of those things options? Is it showing up on your profile?

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Are you getting an error message? I think you have to clip it to your profile and then choose to apply it at checkout. Are both of those things options? Is it showing up on your profile?
I click the banner to get the code. then enter the verification code and click "get my coupon now". when I enter the code and click get my coupon now. it says "sorry, you failed to get the coupon". It says to check my account to see if I already have the coupon (which I don't). If not, please try again later # #.

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US
Yes, mine sticks, no problems at all. I didn't put my leather case on for about 6 hours to be safe but I have since taken it off a few times, the apple leather case, and its on there good!! No complaints here, happy as can be!

I already had my leather case on before putting on the Spigen screen cover. The case did not get in the way at all.

hsnsky

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2014
I received my Shumuri Slim Extra today (which should be exactly like the Veil XT) and it fit perfectly with my Ice Max glass. The lip of the case stops just before the edge of the glass, so it doesn't rub against the glass and create any bubbles or lift any adhesive. I'm really happy with the fitment and have found the ideal phone setup for my preference to preserve as much of the iPhone's thinness as possible.

UhJ6zHhh.jpg
qjHun1oh.jpg
DWg30vqh.jpg

Care to share a link to that case? Is it an iPhone 6 or 6s case? How are the cutouts on the 6s? Is it a little slippery or does it have a nice matte rubberish feel to it?

Thanks!

moomoopanda

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2010
Care to share a link to that case? Is it an iPhone 6 or 6s case? How are the cutouts on the 6s? Is it a little slippery or does it have a nice matte rubberish feel to it?

Thanks!

It's the Shumuri Slim Extra for the 6S on my 6S. The case fits perfectly, but a few of the cutouts (power button and one of the volume buttons doesn't fit perfectly. It is a little slippery, but adds a bit of grip compared to a naked phone. I got the Shumuri mainly because it was a slim case that was offered in black (most are only offered in a transparent charcoal/grey color).

http://shumuri.com/collections/iphone-6s-iphone-6s-plus/products/slim-extra-iphone-6-6-plus

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.