Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roeiz

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
hi guys,
after a year usage of Spigen/daswise combo,
http://www.spigen.com/collections/i...one-6-plus-case-slim-armor?variant=1156503277
since the Daswise is already half cracked, it needs to be refreshed,
i feel the need to find me a different case that will be lighter, slightly slimmer but still somewhat protective from light drops.
that Spigen was a tank, and way too bulky.
can you recommend me a Daswise compatible one?

thanks.

actually, i saw that someone here posted a Caudabe Sheath / Godosmith
that seems to be perfect. i might go for that one.

Last edited:
Reactions: danny8200

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
The ONLY full screen edge to edge tempered glass screen protector to even consider is the GODOSMITH Ice Max 3D. Period. Precise cutouts + the rounded edges make it look and feel as perfect as Apple's glass. Seriously, it's perfect.

Just search for this item number on Amazon: B010HUKFXE

I've had the GODOSMITH Ice Max 3D glass screen protector since November (replaced once since it shattered recently) and must say, that photo claiming to be literally edge to edge is false. their 3D has the look of the 2.5 in that image. I have dust under the front facing camera and the sensor along with on the bottom edge, no dust under the screen itself. the first review on amazon where the customer has photos with their SG iPhone 6 shows photos of the protector edges. it's not as edge-to-edge as they state. though i still like it and it does curve with the screen, it's not like their photo claims.

edit: oh and it can scratch. mine has one scratch on it and my previous had a few also.

71I82Loz6qL._SL1200_.jpg

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Good luck. Remember the air bubbles. Don't give up. This thing is a pain to install but once installed it goes on nice. It's just really picky on cases.

HOLY ****! I finally got a 6s that doesn't have halo issues! :eek::eek::eek:

Still had 1 month of warranty left and noticed some dust under the screen of my original 6s (the one that wouldn't work with any screen protector) so I made an appointment at the genius bar. When I told the Apple store genius about the dust underneath the screen + my screen protector fitting issue he was nice enough to replace it with a new 6s for me :)

The IceMax 3D went on perfect and I couldn't be happier now. The Belkin one I had to buy for my original 6s sucked ($35, not E-2-E, no curved edges, scratched easily) but it was the only option I had at the time which didn't leave halos. I have a slim TOZO case on the way and can't wait to use it now that I have real edge-to-edge coverage.

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
HOLY ****! I finally got a 6s that doesn't have halo issues! :eek::eek::eek:

Still had 1 month of warranty left and noticed some dust under the screen of my original 6s (the one that wouldn't work with any screen protector) so I made an appointment at the genius bar. When I told the Apple store genius about the dust underneath the screen + my screen protector fitting issue he was nice enough to replace it with a new 6s for me :)

The IceMax 3D went on perfect and I couldn't be happier now. The Belkin one I had to buy for my original 6s sucked ($35, not E-2-E, no curved edges, scratched easily) but it was the only option I had at the time which didn't leave halos. I have a slim TOZO case on the way and can't wait to use it now that I have real edge-to-edge coverage.

Niiiiice. Glad to hear. Just in time. Enjoy.

Reactions: Hal~9000

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
Ok, so far this Icemax 3D is the jam. It's oleophibic coating, for now, early on, is great. I doubt this 3D E2E protector would work with my Thule Atmos x4 but it works great with the apple battery case. For $12, way better than the Belkin at apple or the more "case friendly" protectors.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
just ordered the icemax 3d (white one for my 6s+). is this thing really difficult to apply as it's the exact size of the screen? would seem really challenging to get it on perfectly (and that would seem really important - no margin for error).

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
just ordered the icemax 3d (white one for my 6s+). is this thing really difficult to apply as it's the exact size of the screen? would seem really challenging to get it on perfectly (and that would seem really important - no margin for error).

Took me 2 attempts. Had some over hang even though the home button seemed perfect.

Reactions: ajm222

JayJohnPaul

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2014
Dawnbreak City
Just got my Godosmith Ice Max 3D in the mail today. I ordered it from their official store on AliExpress, shipping took about 18 days to Kuwait. Unfortunately, the screen protector was shattered when I boxed it. I've already messaged them about it and sent a few photos, hopefully they'll reply back and send me a replacement.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
That's awful. Especially after such a long wait.

I finally got to apply mine tonight. Absolutely shocked at how easy it was to apply and that it went on perfectly with no bubble issues at all. And no dust (did the shower trick this time). Looks amazing.

Only issue I encountered was unrelated to the icemax. Removed cheap non edge to edge protector first and immediately noticed some bizarre streaks all over screen, and they wouldn't come off no matter what. Eventually assumed it was an issue with the oleophobic coating and figured I was headed back to the Apple Store for another replacement. But I kept rubbing and eventually used my t-shirt and finally got rid of the streaks. I think the adhesive from the other protector probably was the issue. It was really tough to get off. I was certain I'd rubbed some hairline scratches into the screen with all the pressure (I hate messing with the screen at all in between screen protector changes). But I looked at it super carefully from every angle in direct light and couldn't find anything. So I guess it's ok.

Anyway, so far the icemax is incredible.

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
Haven't been following the thread but is there a consensus on whats the best one to get for the 6+?

I got Cinder when it came out and I enjoyed while it lasted. It chipped pretty easily though but I really liked the smooth coating and fit.

What's considered the best right now for the 6+? 3D cover or not.

EDIT: Reading the past few pages and it seems to be the 3D Ice Max? Where's the cheapest place to pick one up?

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Haven't been following the thread but is there a consensus on whats the best one to get for the 6+?

I got Cinder when it came out and I enjoyed while it lasted. It chipped pretty easily though but I really liked the smooth coating and fit.

What's considered the best right now for the 6+? 3D cover or not.

EDIT: Reading the past few pages and it seems to be the 3D Ice Max? Where's the cheapest place to pick one up?

I just bought on Amazon. For a 6+/6S+ it was a little over $18. Not sure if you can get them somewhere cheaper.

dyzfnctional

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
I am staying away from Godosmith. Bought one from Alli Express for 9.99 and after applying it, there are bubbles along the edges. Tried to contact them for a refund, they basically told me it's the user's error. Then I filed a dispute with Alli Express and they required a photo, shame on me i didnt take any pics since my iphone was the only camera i had at the time and wasn't going to remove my current glass protector and reapply the defective product to take a pic. oh well kiss my $9.99 goodbye.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I've had the GODOSMITH Ice Max 3D glass screen protector since November (replaced once since it shattered recently) and must say, that photo claiming to be literally edge to edge is false. their 3D has the look of the 2.5 in that image. I have dust under the front facing camera and the sensor along with on the bottom edge, no dust under the screen itself. the first review on amazon where the customer has photos with their SG iPhone 6 shows photos of the protector edges. it's not as edge-to-edge as they state. though i still like it and it does curve with the screen, it's not like their photo claims.

edit: oh and it can scratch. mine has one scratch on it and my previous had a few also.

71I82Loz6qL._SL1200_.jpg

Every single so called 3D I have received has been falsely advertised to move their product. All have actually been 2.5D. No protector actually contours the edge like the picture above.

Reactions: yanki01

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Your baseline is wrong. Stop comparing to a photo. 2.5D will be sharp around the edges. 3D will be nice and smooth. None of these, except maybe imos if you're willing to pay their crazy pricing, is a hermetic seal. It's about protecting the screen from mainly scratches and hopefully a fall or two, and having a SP that is the least intrusive and most attractive. Regarding the latter, 3D ones fall into that category more than 2.5D ones.

Every single so called 3D I have received has been falsely advertised to move their product. All have actually been 2.5D. No protector actually contours the edge like the picture above.

Reactions: willmtaylor

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Your baseline is wrong. Stop comparing to a photo. 2.5D will be sharp around the edges. 3D will be nice and smooth. None of these, except maybe imos if you're willing to pay their crazy pricing, is a hermetic seal. It's about protecting the screen from mainly scratches and hopefully a fall or two, and having a SP that is the least intrusive and most attractive. Regarding the latter, 3D ones fall into that category more than 2.5D ones.

Sorry but wrong. If the photo indicates it follows the contour if the glass and it does not its not 3D. Whats the value if a slightly curved edge? Why are you trying to establish some other expectation?

If i can see the gap then dirt can get under. This could scratch the glass. I had one of these puported 3d protectors and something did get under making a air bubble area. I had to replace worried it could lead to a scratch. That should not be possible with a 3d protector.

All of these sellers are passing off 2.5d for 3D. There is nothing in between. The 3D standard was established to draw a distinction for imos and cinder.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
If that is your level of requirement for a SP, than perhaps imos is the only good option for you. Good chance none of these will meet your requirements.

Sorry but wrong. If the photo indicates it follows the contour if the glass and it does not its not 3D. Whats the value if a slightly curved edge? Why are you trying to establish some other expectation?

If i can see the gap then dirt can get under. This could scratch the glass. I had one of these puported 3d protectors and something did get under making a air bubble area. I had to replace worried it could lead to a scratch. That should not be possible with a 3d protector.

All of these sellers are passing off 2.5d for 3D. There is nothing in between. The 3D standard was established to draw a distinction for imos and cinder.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Why? My requirement is a decent, inexpensive, attractive SP that lets me worry a little less about the screen. Life's too short to obsess. The iPhones glass is plenty strong. I've no need nor desire to spend $50+ on a SP when a $18 one will do the trick nicely.

It should be your level of requirement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.