Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tallazzPilipino

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2015
got that nomadic lifestyle
Not sure if this has been posted, but I don't know what happened to the phone since a couple of days ago battery stats only shows the time phone has been used, see the screenshot. Not sure what to do. I restored as new, not backup loaded and still the same. NO matter how long I use the phone, it won't show stats. Any suggestions? And yes, I have used my phone for hours now and still the same. View attachment 592294
looks like maybe you need to wait a few more minutes? I had the issue where my Usage or Standby stats was blank for a couple of days. it was after I had the best battery stats and jinxed my self, and my battery wouldn't fully charge and drained ever so fast.

cale508

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
IL
looks like maybe you need to wait a few more minutes? I had the issue where my Usage or Standby stats was blank for a couple of days. it was after I had the best battery stats and jinxed my self, and my battery wouldn't fully charge and drained ever so fast.
The funny things is that right now it has been running for 7 hours and still shows the same thing. I don't know what to do.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
The funny things is that right now it has been running for 7 hours and still shows the same thing. I don't know what to do.

Reset all settings and then charge your phone to 100%. See if it cures the problem.
If not, keep reinstalling iOS until it functions correctly. If after two or three attempts you still have a problem, which is highly unlikely, then take the phone to Apple and let them have a look at it.

tallazzPilipino

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2015
got that nomadic lifestyle
when I was at my local Apple Store regarding some connection issues I wanted them to check into (before I figured it out), they told me I had to book a spot which was about a week out or I could try a walk-in when they open (which wasn't possible for me). they said that there were so many issues people were having with their phones. haha

cale508

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
IL
Reset all settings and then charge your phone to 100%. See if it cures the problem.
If not, keep reinstalling iOS until it functions correctly. If after two or three attempts you still have a problem, which is highly unlikely, then take the phone to Apple and let them have a look at it.
I have reinstall the iOS many times, setup as new and everything. Nothing changes.

tkrechel

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2011
It doesn't make any difference. It's related to this Touch ID period. Been saying this since the first 4 days. The people who aren't having issues just flat out aren't paying attention or don't care enough to notice. I have tried every beta to this point plus 9.0.2 and 9.0.1. Same thing happens on them all. Only time you don't notice it is with Touch ID off which is lame. If it was software only then it would happen on the 6plus which it does not. It's the new sensor and the software running said sensor.

DosArmsBlasted

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2015
West Side
It doesn't make any difference. It's related to this Touch ID period. Been saying this since the first 4 days. The people who aren't having issues just flat out aren't paying attention or don't care enough to notice. I have tried every beta to this point plus 9.0.2 and 9.0.1. Same thing happens on them all. Only time you don't notice it is with Touch ID off which is lame. If it was software only then it would happen on the 6plus which it does not. It's the new sensor and the software running said sensor.
Exact thoughts.

zjazz

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2011
I have to respectfully disagree with you. So you are saying that im not payin enough attention or dont care??? Yes i do pay attention and I do care my friend. Have been trying to resolve it and now it works for me after trial and error. Enabling reduce motion totally helped with the lag, along with erasing fingerprints and registering only one. It is not a touch id problem, but some kind of combination of new touch id hardware and software that is not up to it. Also dont compare 6 and 6s because 6s has a newer touch id therefore the problem only on 6s. And if it would be only hardware then nonremedies as erasing fingerprints or reduce motion or sisri suggestions would help. Since its helping its a bug in software with new touch id. That's my estimate, of course its just a guess.

tkrechel

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2011
I have to respectfully disagree with you. So you are saying that im not payin enough attention or dont care??? Yes i do pay attention and I do care my friend. Have been trying to resolve it and now it works for me after trial and error. Enabling reduce motion totally helped with the lag, along with erasing fingerprints and registering only one. It is not a touch id problem, but some kind of combination of new touch id hardware and software that is not up to it. Also dont compare 6 and 6s because 6s has a newer touch id therefore the problem only on 6s. And if it would be only hardware then nonremedies as erasing fingerprints or reduce motion or sisri suggestions would help. Since its helping its a bug in software with new touch id. That's my estimate, of course its just a guess.

Yes we are saying the same thing. Thanks for making my point. I just said its a Touch ID and software related to that hardware issue lol. I use the 6 plus comparison because if it was ONLY a software bug related to Touch ID then it would happen on both devices. Since it only happens on the 6s then a reasonable person can assume it is related to the 6s Touch ID sensor plus software. Again you're saying the same thing! It's great that you're not noticing it now. When I first put 9.2 beta 2 on it went away for me for 5 days or so too. Guess what it came back! If you think it's reasonable to have to turn off a bunch of features to make the phone work better then you are only offering a bandaid to a much larger issue.

Never said it can't be fixed or won't be fixed. In fact I have said several times in this thread that I'm sure it will be fixed but to this point it has NOT been fixed! It's great that you assume I was talking about you but I was in fact talking about people who have YET to post on this thread.

zjazz

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2011
Yes we are saying the same thing. Thanks for making my point. I just said its a Touch ID and software related to that hardware issue lol. I use the 6 plus comparison because if it was ONLY a software bug related to Touch ID then it would happen on both devices. Since it only happens on the 6s then a reasonable person can assume it is related to the 6s Touch ID sensor plus software. Again you're saying the same thing! It's great that you're not noticing it now. When I first put 9.2 beta 2 on it went away for me for 5 days or so too. Guess what it came back! If you think it's reasonable to have to turn off a bunch of features to make the phone work better then you are only offering a bandaid to a much larger issue.

Never said it can't be fixed or won't be fixed. In fact I have said several times in this thread that I'm sure it will be fixed but to this point it has NOT been fixed! It's great that you assume I was talking about you but I was in fact talking about people who have YET to post on this thread.

Thanks tkrechel. Yes we are on the same page here :) I honestly don't think it's reasonable to turn of bunch of features and turn state of the art smart phone into nokia 8210. LOL, but who wants to have that lag? Unfortunately it's the only thing we can do now until its addressed in iOS update. Until then bandaid is better than a lag, at least to me. And I hope I can turn on everything back once update confirmed that it addressed the lag issue (with exception of reduce motion, because I like it on anyway).

yep-sure

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Been using my 6S for about 8 hours now throughout the day while at work, and have had the Touch ID/Unlock lag happen a few times randomly throughout the day.

It hasn't happened for a few hours now, so I'm assuming it's random? (Sorry I haven't read all 50+ pages of this thread)

For what it's worth - 128GB 6S, set up as new device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.