Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dawideksl

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2013
Poland
For me iOS 9.2 is far better overall than 9.1 was. It's faster, smoother, camera opens blazingly fast. Battery seems to last much longer. The lag is the same as it was on 9.1. It's sometimes present, sometimes not. Most of the time it's not noticeable, and i get used to it. It doesn't bother me that much. iOS 9.2 is the best of all iOS 9 releases to date in my opinion.

Reactions: Anand953 and ABC5S

KiraYamato

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2015
This is very weird. Some on here exchange three or four times and all of these devices had this unlock lag of four or five seconds. I have seen three 6s pluses (mine, my brother's and a friend's) and all dis not suffer this at all.

super chimp

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2008
UK
This is very weird. Some on here exchange three or four times and all of these devices had this unlock lag of four or five seconds. I have seen three 6s pluses (mine, my brother's and a friend's) and all dis not suffer this at all.

Same here no issue with my Plus. Though I do think 9.2 stuff out more that was just on the edge of being perceptible.

convergent

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2008
Well some on here I don't think are telling the whole story. I will not believe that someone is unlucky enough to trade for 3 or 4 with the same defect when the defect percentage is some tiny percentage overall. Something they are doing, loading, their network, or some aspect of their use is contributing to their problem.

Reactions: Anand953

Barrett85

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2015
Well some on here I don't think are telling the whole story. I will not believe that someone is unlucky enough to trade for 3 or 4 with the same defect when the defect percentage is some tiny percentage overall. Something they are doing, loading, their network, or some aspect of their use is contributing to their problem.
This could be the case, however I set my phone up as new. All three of them. And the one I have now had the lag issue pretty bad. Ever since I downloading iOS 9.2 I haven't seen the lag one bit which makes me believe it was a small bug in the iOS. Who knows what's causing it. I'm just so glad mine is finally gone!

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
This could be the case, however I set my phone up as new. All three of them. And the one I have now had the lag issue pretty bad. Ever since I downloading iOS 9.2 I haven't seen the lag one bit which makes me believe it was a small bug in the iOS. Who knows what's causing it. I'm just so glad mine is finally gone!

I also went through 3 handsets - had the unlocking lag on all 3, even when set up as a new phone with no apps!
Now I have 9.2 and the unlocking is back to normal - no lag.
Also makes me think it was a software issue - but finally resolved [touch wood!]

Reactions: Barrett85

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
I experienced this on my 6s+ last Thursday while playing Puss n' Boots Fruit Ninja and having the calendar open. I had to do the hard reset (holding the power and home buttons for 10 seconds.) I did not think to look in this thread, but it breaks my heart just a little that so many people are going through this malarky.

So what did I do? I exchanged the 6s+ for a 5s which is having multiple problems under 8.4.1. Outside of the iPad Mini 4, I've been feeling a lot like Charlie Brown and that damned football when it comes to Apple lately. Have no idea what iPhone I'm going to exchange this 5s for, but I am beginning to think Apple's iPhone upgrade plan might be the way to go for me.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
For what it's worth, after having 4 iPhone 6s Plus units doing the homescreen freeze, I just got a 6s the other day, and I'm also getting lockscreen freezes on it, though not nearly as often. In fact, I got one or two the first day, then NONE the second day. And today, the third day, I had a bunch of freezes this the morning.

I set this up without much thought though. Got it new out of the box, updated to 9.2, reset and restored from the iCloud backup from my 6s Plus. The 6s Plus that created the backup was completely free of lockscreen freezes.

I just did a DFU restore on the 6s and I'm setting it back up now as New. Which is a pain, but that's what I had to do on my 6s Plus, and it fixed all the freezing.

So, not sure if it makes anyone feel better, but it's not only the Plus, and it's not directly tied to 9.1, because this 6s on 9.2 is doing it too.

Gatteau

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2009
Italy
Do we know if this is a hardware or software issue?

My status bar lags for like a second when I wake my phone (6s plus 128GB). It's a day old still, but last night my screen froze and was unresponsive to any input until I had to hard restart the phone, but this hasn't happened again since.

Is this an issue I should try to look into it with where I got the phone, or is it just coding/software?

Last edited:

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
I experienced this on my 6s+ last Thursday while playing Puss n' Boots Fruit Ninja and having the calendar open. I had to do the hard reset (holding the power and home buttons for 10 seconds.) I did not think to look in this thread, but it breaks my heart just a little that so many people are going through this malarky.

So what did I do? I exchanged the 6s+ for a 5s which is having multiple problems under 8.4.1. Outside of the iPad Mini 4, I've been feeling a lot like Charlie Brown and that damned football when it comes to Apple lately. Have no idea what iPhone I'm going to exchange this 5s for, but I am beginning to think Apple's iPhone upgrade plan might be the way to go for me.

What does the upgrade program have to do with the rest of your post? If anything, it'll make it more difficult to return/exchange if you continue to have issues.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
What does the upgrade program have to do with the rest of your post? If anything, it'll make it more difficult to return/exchange if you continue to have issues.

The way I saw that was, upgrading every year, I could roll with issues if they weren't too bad. The 6s+ freeze, yeah that was bad but under that plan with Apple Care I'd get it swapped out and get a new phone in a few months anyway. Ultimately the upgrade plan was not in my budget, but as Apple has stood by me with defective phones in the past, they will again.

Reactions: techspin

jtwlbz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2014
Bought new 6s plus 64g yesterday. Had 9.1. Got the lag out of the box. But it went away very quickly after about 2 hours. This is very different than ones I had before.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
So after upgrading to 9.2 upon release my handset is MUCH better. The Touch ID/unlocking lag is now pretty much gone. I get the odd bit of lag now and then, but nowhere near as bad as before, where it would happen with EVERY unlock. Now its on the rare occasion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.