Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

downyball

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2013
SF/EBay
I'm a "7-10" too - ordered a 32GB gold 5s with new service with ATT, w/ Apple Care right as soon as the Apple Store website opened at midnight, PDST.

What tripped me up was the time it took for the Apple Store website to communicate with the carrier website. I initially got an email saying there was a phone 'reserved' for me and as soon as the carrier website responded I could finish the order.

By the time all was said and done, I was 7-10 business days. Sigh. I'll at least subscribe to this post to see what happens.

:apple:

fotofan

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
New Jersey USA
Me too

Switched to 7-10 days at the final confirmation. Oct. 8-10 at the online Apple Store. If it hadn't said 1-3 initially I probably would have gone to the AT&T store in the morning. But I was at the finish line so I just finalized it. I'll survive a couple more weeks with my iPhone 4 with the broken microphone. But it's a bit curious to hear so many people with the same story of getting moved into the next tier right at the end of the process.

mac.rumors

macrumors regular
May 9, 2008
London, UK
Ordered my AT&T space gray 64GB iPhone at 4:15am, ET. Estimated delivery by standard shipping is Oct 8 - 11.

I've been checking status every 4 - 6 hours, but no change from "processing" yet :(

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
The real reason I am here in this position....

64GB Gold!!! Baby, YEAH!!

Just checked. No change 7-10, 8-11

3575.jpg

Last edited:

JodyK

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Atlanta suburbs
My order story ... @ 12:01 pacific time

Refreshing page on iPad mini ... finally pops up and when I click to order takes me to Apple App. App is not up to date so goes to update app ... I go to my iPhone 5 to order not trying to waste any time at all. To my surprise no Tmobile (full priced unlocked) versions on the app!!!!

I run down stairs to jump on the family iMac that I never use ... I can't remember the password to log in ... crap! I get in and find the 64GB silver Tmobile iPhone 5s ... I click to order and it says ships in 1-3 days! OMG I can't believe it ...

I get to the end of the order after adding AppleCare plus .. and it asks for 3 digit on the back of my CC ... I run up stairs to get my wallet. I get back and realize I don't have my card in my wallet. I go and check the car ... thinking I might lose the order and it will time out. This isn't taking long but I am fearing the worst case.

I get back and punch in the 3 digit number and to my extreme disappointment it said ships 7-10 days and delivers Oct 8th - 11th!

CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!! I was so disappointed!

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010

Refreshing page on iPad mini ... finally pops up and when I click to order takes me to Apple App. App is not up to date so goes to update app ... I go to my iPhone 5 to order not trying to waste any time at all. To my surprise no Tmobile (full priced unlocked) versions on the app!!!!

I run down stairs to jump on the family iMac that I never use ... I can't remember the password to log in ... crap! I get in and find the 64GB silver Tmobile iPhone 5s ... I click to order and it says ships in 1-3 days! OMG I can't believe it ...

I get to the end of the order after adding AppleCare plus .. and it asks for 3 digit on the back of my CC ... I run up stairs to get my wallet. I get back and realize I don't have my card in my wallet. I go and check the car ... thinking I might lose the order and it will time out. This isn't taking long but I am fearing the worst case.

I get back and punch in the 3 digit number and to my extreme disappointment it said ships 7-10 days and delivers Oct 8th - 11th!

I did everything I could to "PREP" my purchase. I did a dry run. I had changed and authorized my CC, the prior day. Entered my numbers and other details in a document.... The only thing that would have made any difference at all, on my part was using one click purchase activation. However I also had a $100 gift card to use.

So Apple's website didn't come up for me right away. I don't know why. What slowed me down, the gift card number didn't paste, I had to hand type the number/letters. Also, although I had pre-registered and setup my CC, it still asked for the three digit security code. Which I had in my document. I hand typed it, figuring that would be faster than cutting and pasting.

All I know is, I faired a lot better on the pre-order last year, I even bought 3 iPhones then, each one at a time and still, I was in the first group for all of them.

This year it's a different story. I was in and out much faster, but because of popularity and or supply, I slipped into the second group. Who knew this could happen? Oh well. It just means my OCD fun will last two weeks longer than if I was in the first group.

Last edited:

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013

Cool story bro. lolz.

----------

I did everything I could to "PREP" my purchase. I did a dry run. I had changed and authorized my CC the prior day. Entered my numbers and other details in a document.... The only thing that would have made any difference at all, on my part was using one click purchase activation. However I also had a $100 gift card to use.

So Apples website didn't come up for me right away. I don't know why. What slowed me down, the gift cart number didn't past, I had to hand type the number/letters. Also, although I had pre-registered and setup my CC, it still asked for the three digit security code. Which I had in my document. I hand typed it, figuring that would be faster than cutting and pasting.

All I know is I faired a lot better on the pre-order last year, I even bought 3 iPhones then, each one at a time and still, I was in the first group for all of them.

This year it's a different story. I was in and out much faster, but because of popularity and or supply, I slipped into the second group. Who knew this could happen? Oh well. It just means my OCD fun will last two weeks longer than if I was in group one.

berneydidnotread.gif

Amiz

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
Help!!!! I am from the UK and I ordered at 11am.. My order status says "Processing Items" and "Dispatched: October" arghhhhh how long is this I can't wait that long

skeffer66

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
I'm kind of glad at least for me that I didn't catch the first batch. My friend was fortunate enough to get a silver 32gb 5s at an AT&T store the morning of the launch. Over the weekend I played around with his 5s a little bit and came to the conclusion that I wanted to cancel my order. My reasoning being that I don't use a pass code anyways, iOS 7 seems to make the 5 feel faster (almost as good as a new phone haha), and I only take causal photos. I guess in my own personal beliefs after messing with it, I just couldn't justify spending that much money for a few features that I more than likely will not use on a daily basis. To each their own. I wish you all the best with your purchase and hopefully my cancellation will expedite your shipment haha.

ludeboy12

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
TN
Well I was in this group but my apple store actually had plenty of space gray 5s in 64gb in stock on the 21st so i just canceled and went in to pick one up.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
In the UK, 7th - 10th delivery IS the first group. It's the only option we had at launch! I just want my 5s now! These delivery estimates are silly.

kmpowell

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2003
In the UK, 7th - 10th delivery IS the first group. It's the only option we had at launch!
Very true. I fired up the store app at 11.55pm and the 5S' were already live to buy, all models showing "Dispatched: 7-10 business days". The website wasn't live until 12.00am, and when it did all models were showing "Dispatched: 7-10 business days".

To put it into context I had ordered my 64GB Space Grey S via the App, and received my order confirmation email before the website had even gone live.

At launch in the UK I don't believe anybody got anything other than "Dispatched: 7-10 business days". At 8am all models changed to "Dispatched: October".

Godzirra

macrumors 6502
Very true. I fired up the store app at 11.55pm and the 5S' were already live to buy, all models showing "Dispatched: 7-10 business days". The website wasn't live until 12.00am, and when it did all models were showing "Dispatched: 7-10 business days".

To put it into context I had ordered my 64GB Space Grey S via the App, and received my order confirmation email before the website had even gone live.

At launch in the UK I don't believe anybody got anything other than "Dispatched: 7-10 business days". At 8am all models changed to "Dispatched: October".

Same here, used the iphone app as it was quicker, ordered bang on 00:01 and it was a 7-10 straight away.

Didn't feel too bad at first, then saw the 1-3 day delivery dates for those across the pond :confused:

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
I'm a "7-10" too - ordered a 32GB gold 5s with new service with ATT, w/ Apple Care right as soon as the Apple Store website opened at midnight, PDST.

What tripped me up was the time it took for the Apple Store website to communicate with the carrier website. I initially got an email saying there was a phone 'reserved' for me and as soon as the carrier website responded I could finish the order.

By the time all was said and done, I was 7-10 business days. Sigh. I'll at least subscribe to this post to see what happens.

:apple:

Is Apple Care worth it? 80 dollars extra here in Australia. Just thought it seemed like a cash grab.

more fps

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2011
Ottawa
In the UK, 7th - 10th delivery IS the first group. It's the only option we had at launch! I just want my 5s now! These delivery estimates are silly.

Same for canada we only got 7-10 day option....no one got 1-3 days its sad really that only Americans got it

MacClashy

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2013
Mmm, I'm apple thru & thru, but....

I've just bought the Samsung S4 because of the ridiculous way Apple have handled this launch & the fact that they have the arrogance to think I'll wait any longer...

Next stop TV shop to buy a smart TV (yep, Samsung) then I'm tablet buying...

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise

I've just bought the Samsung S4 because of the ridiculous way Apple have handled this launch & the fact that they have the arrogance to think I'll wait any longer...

Maybe the S4 is a better fit for you, but if it isn't then that just seems like you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I was on the fence on which way I wanted to go: stick with AT&T or jump to TMobile (Verizon was not an option as I do need voice AND data at times). By the time I just decided to stick with AT&T I was in in the 7-10 group.

jlyanks85

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2008
Sucks I actually got through on the apple site right around 3:01, tried to go as fast as I could and it still went to 7-10 days when I was about to place the order.

I guess the 20 seconds I wasted to make sure my unlimited data was still there cost me.

Oh well I can wait 2 weeks.

Kemonsterr

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2013
California!
Is Apple Care worth it? 80 dollars extra here in Australia. Just thought it seemed like a cash grab.

It really depends, I'm getting it because compared to every insurance out there it's the best for my needs. It's also the most cost efficient and you can use it in store or at home. You never think you need insurance, but then you drop your nice new expensive phone. Take it from someone who works in phones and activates them for people who are "careful" with their phones. Just get the insurance.

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010

Troll Bate

----------

Sucks I actually got through on the apple site right around 3:01, tried to go as fast as I could and it still went to 7-10 days when I was about to place the order.

I guess the 20 seconds I wasted to make sure my unlimited data was still there cost me.

Oh well I can wait 2 weeks.

They won't change any data plans until you activate the phone. What you can do, is take the phone into your rep, or in my case AT&T store, and activate it there, making sure that nothing changes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.