7-11 and pepsi and itunes

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by bokdol, Feb 1, 2004.

1. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

strange thing i saw today. pepsi and 7-11 are giving away songs from itunes. there was a big sign above the big gulp machine in my local 7-11. in the rim of the cups of 32 ounce big gulps you can win, a 1 in 3 chance, a song from itunes. i guess it's not just for the yellow bottle caps any more......:D i like big gulps

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Re: 7-11 and pepsi and itunes

That sounds like agreat idea. The more chances the better. Now if it would just apply to the 2 liter Pepsi and cans. It has been almost 4 years since I was at a 7-11.

3. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

yep inside the rim, they didnt make it very clear that cups were part of the deal, i had to find it out some other way.

iJon

4. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

If you look on the official rules or the FAQ page on apple.com, it tells you that the game pieces are available in 20 oz bottles, 2 liter bottles and big gulp cups.

I've already won 3 songs from 20 oz bottles. And I've only consumed 4 sodas, so that's a pretty good return thus far.

Alia

5. bokdol thread starter macrumors 6502a

bokdol

yeah but being a typical guy... i can only go so far as to see a big banner then i will know as fact... if it is in small print it does not exist...

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I have purchased 10 20 oz bottles of Pepsi this month. Thus far have won 6 songs, a friend gave me one. So I'm doing a litter better than average.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this yet. On my visit to the deli yesterday, the vast majority of the 20 os bottles had a blue cap. They only had approximately 6 more left. So now I'm wondering if they will have any of the yellow left by next week.

7. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

Of all the people I'd recruited to give me caps, none of them have...and most of the delis near my work are still stocked with non-iTunes bottles. So, I don't think there are any free songs in my future. :(

Though I did just get the settlement from the CD price-fixing class action thingy, so I'm going to apply it towards my next round of iTunes purchases. :cool:

8. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

I'm 0 and 14 without the cheat for a winner every time.

I don't buy pepsi with my own money... so I can't check if there is/isn't a winner.