Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kjm18

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2014
Hexham, UK
5cfd74b148566e6d3ca65b4db565c01b.jpg

Got a case today from the Apple Store for the 7+, now just waiting for O2 to dispatch it, hopefully tonight.

tigertazz

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
Been restoring from the back up and this thing is blazing quick!

Very happy with my choice. Can't wait to start taking photos and doing some serious iPhone stuff ....

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
Yes it is quick. Going from a 6+ to 7+ and noticed the snappiness right away. Been doing some 6+ v 7+ low light photography and there is a pretty significant improvement like people on the photography thread have been showing.

dazza8402

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2016
Bournemouth
Be warned of the jokers in the o2 store in Bournemouth. I got my text today that my 7+ jet black 256gb was ready for collection. I arrived and showed the guy my txt and he went off to the store room to get my phone. After a minute or so one of guys colleagues told me that he was sorry but o2 had screwed up the automated texts and my phone was not actually ready for collection. As I started to question him the original guy serving me came back downstairs with my phone! WTF! Anyways, I'm typing this post on my new 7+ but just wanted to share my experience in case anyone gets messed about in store...

Reactions: tigertazz

CasuallyDressed

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Bournemouth, UK
Be warned of the jokers in the o2 store in Bournemouth. I got my text today that my 7+ jet black 256gb was ready for collection. I arrived and showed the guy my txt and he went off to the store room to get my phone. After a minute or so one of guys colleagues told me that he was sorry but o2 had screwed up the automated texts and my phone was not actually ready for collection. As I started to question him the original guy serving me came back downstairs with my phone! WTF! Anyways, I'm typing this post on my new 7+ but just wanted to share my experience in case anyone gets messed about in store...
Dude, did you go in yesterday asking where your phone was? I was there yesterday and the old/fat/balding one told me that I was the second person to have gone in.

Went in this morning and picked my phone up, while also complaining about why they never answer their damn phone.

dazza8402

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2016
Bournemouth
Dude, did you go in yesterday asking where your phone was? I was there yesterday and the old/fat/balding one told me that I was the second person to have gone in.

Went in this morning and picked my phone up, while also complaining about why they never answer their damn phone.

No didn't go in yesterday. O2 do not know their arse from their elbow. This launch has been one big cluster-**** so far...

Eddie182

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2011
UK
I ordered on the same date the 15th 256gb 7 plus matte black let me know if you get any updates thanks

Just received my dispatch notification. Much earlier than I was expecting I have to say.

Now it's all in the hands of DPD, oh dear. Still hopefully it'll arrive in time for the weekend.

Reactions: gadget.guy

mark-in-mk

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
Just received my dispatch notification. Much earlier than I was expecting I have to say.

Now it's all in the hands of DPD, oh dear. Still hopefully it'll arrive in time for the weekend.
I think all DPD O2 deliveries are next day, so you will be good to go. Great tracking via their app too.

gadget.guy

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Yorkshire

ditto got my email last night and i'm already off today so just waiting for the email from DPD with the times
while two weeks is much more than my previous orders it came good at the end.

jtuk

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2014
Another bizarre chat with o2. I wanted to find out how to track refresh order as no tracking number sent etc except confirmation email and text on the day when order placed on the 25th. The chat person told me phone was sent on the 20th yet I couldn't place order until the 25th as I am on refresh contract. Out of the country right now so hard to ascertain what they are saying...

Attachments

• IMG_7483.jpg
    IMG_7483.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 99

MrJM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2012
Another bizarre chat with o2. I wanted to find out how to track refresh order as no tracking number sent etc except confirmation email and text on the day when order placed on the 25th. The chat person told me phone was sent on the 20th yet I couldn't place order until the 25th as I am on refresh contract. Out of the country right now so hard to ascertain what they are saying...

I'd disregard anything that webchat says. They just make stuff up!

jdhopkins

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2015
S.Wales UK
One thing I have noticed on MYO2 is that O2 have honoured the pre-order date as the agreed upgrade on us scheme.
Not that I have any confidence in using them for the next launch, but at least we'll be eligible for the upgrade on us plan early.

Reactions: tigertazz

StevenB14

macrumors regular
May 23, 2012
Scotland
One thing I have noticed on MYO2 is that O2 have honoured the pre-order date as the agreed upgrade on us scheme.
Not that I have any confidence in using them for the next launch, but at least we'll be eligible for the upgrade on us plan early.

Based on some posts this year may be better to sell the phone to places like Mazuma and pay off the remainder of the contract instead of doing the upgrade via O2's program. End up with more money in your pocket.

jdhopkins

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2015
S.Wales UK
Based on some posts this year may be better to sell the phone to places like Mazuma and pay off the remainder of the contract instead of doing the upgrade via O2's program. End up with more money in your pocket.
Oh agreed, but through this steamy mess I'm glad O2 have honoured the pre-order date.

Eddie182

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2011
UK
Well, mine arrived yesterday without any issues after all.

It was certainly worth waiting for, a very noticeable and significant upgrade from the 6 Plus. Hopefully this is a good sign that O2's stock situation is on the up.

Reactions: iGeek2014

bmcgrath

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2006
London, United Kingdom
Ugh I am still waiting. Ordered a 7+ Jet Black 128gb at about 9:30am pre-order day and no news. The o2 help page also doesn't list this model as short of stock compared to others.

Rather infuriating!

Bryanspark

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2016
Scotland
Hi people. Has anyone received a 7+ rose gold 128gb yet. My better half ordered hers on the 12th but has not heard a thing yet. I'm sitting here with a 256gb silver 7+ I ordered last Wednesday. Thanks.
[doublepost=1475411093][/doublepost]

I sold my 6+ in game for £350. They offered £310 locked to o2 or £350 unlocked. No brainer.

joshua.123

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Anyone order a JB+ 256GB from Carphone Warehouse supposedly expecting their phone on Friday the 7th?

fooyork

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2009
Out of interest...

I have just become eligable for my upgrade, so have ordered a 7+ in matte black (128gb) from o2 at their store in Islington, London. Their expected delivery date is the 30th of NOVEMBER. Does anyone know if this is likely to happen sooner, or is it really taking 7-8 weeks?!

Colin

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
I have never seen such a delay in getting an iPhone before. It is saying 6 WEEKS on the O2 websites for the 7 plus. It's crazy.

c14nhl

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2008
Edinburgh
Out of interest...

I have just become eligable for my upgrade, so have ordered a 7+ in matte black (128gb) from o2 at their store in Islington, London. Their expected delivery date is the 30th of NOVEMBER. Does anyone know if this is likely to happen sooner, or is it really taking 7-8 weeks?!

Colin
I've asked all stores in Edinburgh when they expect stock of the 7 Plus, Black 256GB. All quoting 30th Nov.

I checked the Carphone Warehouse site, they're showing stock available to order for next day delivery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.