7 days wait on ibook and 7-10 days on Mini!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Willy S, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Willy S macrumors 6502

Apple Europe store will not ship any base iBooks og Minis for the next seven days!

Crossing my fingers. :rolleyes:

2. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Looks like a good sign, but shipping times int he US store are still same day, maybe that will change soon though,

SHadOW :)

3. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

I sure hope so!!
    :rolleyes:

4. timmyb macrumors 6502

5. Willy S thread starter macrumors 6502

They might just have few in stock. :rolleyes:

At least I find it strange that BOTH Minis and iBooks won´t be shipped from Apple next 7 days.

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Lets hope that it is a sign.

7. THX macrumors newbie

Well, it's been 5-7 days in Canada for some time now. Most likely low supply, as seen by Apple's reported record breaking portable sales for the previous quarter.

8. timmyb macrumors 6502

This is a quote from an AppleInsider article published just before WWDC.

"While the Mac mini is due to gain a bit more RAM and potentially the long-lost iPod dock, sources have only commented on slightly redesigned iBooks said to be making the rounds on the west coast. If Apple fails to refresh either of these products next week, it could be almost a month before the company makes any moves."

Updates next week would fit in with this.

9. brianus macrumors 6502

WWDC was well over a month ago, so even Appleinsider's "worst case" has proven to be overly optimistic. And we had shipping delays like this a month ago, so all in all I'm not getting my hopes up this time.

What's the "long-lost iPod dock"? Some sort of recess on the top of the Mini or something? There's no room for that.. and I'd be pretty pissed off if they included such a useless, ugly feature instead of what's really needed, namely vram and HDD speed upgrades.

10. timmyb macrumors 6502

I do rememeber the Mini delays, but there hasn't been a delay for the iBooks.

11. Willy S thread starter macrumors 6502

I think Apple will update the Mini and the iBook at the same time and the delay is at the same time, so... :D

12. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

Just got my new credit card yesterday :) will see what the new ibooks are like before I decide if I'll go with a Powerbook recent model, or an iBook Updated and an Updated Mini :)