7 million posts approaching...

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by wrldwzrd89, Feb 13, 2009.

1. macrumors G4

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    I noticed that we skipped a 6 million post contest, and I also noticed that the 7 million post mark will be reached soon. I know it seems a little strange as a number, but why not target 7.5 million and 10 million for the next 2 post-related contests? :D
  2. macrumors Core

Mar 17, 2005
    London, England
    I think we're already there. I think your post was post number 7,102,810.

I'm thinking at this rate 10 mil will be here before we know it.

Jibber Jabber!
  3. Administrator emeritus

Jan 15, 2006
    The Kop
    Keep up your post was actually 7,102,810 :D But yes you are right the forum counter will soon tick over 7 million.

There hasn't been any real discussion (at least that I am aware of) of when the next contest might be.

I suspect it might be 10 million posts or possibly 1 million threads (currently at 651192) which ever comes first or perhaps 2 if they are far apart.

Of course public demand might change this.

What would you suggest would make for a good contest.

On second thoughts the more contests there are the more devalued the winners badge gets and we wouldn't want that would we :D:p:D
  4. macrumors 6502a

Feb 8, 2008
    London, UK
    This is a cool day :rolleyes: lol.

I suspect that 10 million posts will come in 2009.
  5. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Maybe we should have a contest every Tuesday, since eventually that will be less frequent than multiples of a million posts! :D

Feel free to suggest or discuss contest ideas. They are always interesting to hear.
  6. Administrator emeritus

Jan 15, 2006
    The Kop
    Unless something drastic happens I don't expect to see 10 million until middle 2010.

I based that off the last 3 million posts since it is likely to give a better approximation then all time

The growth of posts:

Attached Files: