70's & 80's Sesame Street Episodes

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hibbity, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Hibbity macrumors member

Feb 28, 2005
    Am I the only person who would kill to be able to buy old episodes of Sesame Street on DVD?

If anyone knows where to find them, let me know because I'd love for my kids to see them, and I'd love to see if I remember any of them!
  2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    If you're willing to kill, perhaps you didn't absorb all the lessons Sesame Street had in mind about getting along with other people! :p

I know a lot of people who would like to see their favorite SS shows again, back when Cookie Monster didn't have to remind you not to eat only cookies and nobody believed Big Bird when he talked about Snuffy.
  3. Supa_Fly macrumors 68030

May 30, 2002
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Hell yeah, The Count was my personal favorite!

But I grew outta that show real quick ... The Muppets was more enjoyable .... does the Henson family still have all rights? I really hope they release the originals.:D
  4. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    The first five seasons of the Muppets are out on DVD because I bought one of them for my sister.

Who knows... perhaps Sesame St is around too
  5. Hibbity thread starter macrumors member

Feb 28, 2005
    What I want to see more than anything else are all the guest spots like Paul Simon, Stevie Wonder, etc.
  6. iSaint macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    My kids don't even know who the Cookie Monster is!

Amazon has an extensive collection of special DVDs. They have certain characters giving lessons on things. But, it doesn't look like they have the old shows on DVD.

EDIT: just turned the channel to PBS and Sesame Street was on! My six year old made a face and turned it back to Scooby Doo!