$779 2405 FPW in US at Dell, with coupons

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sbb155, Jul 18, 2005.

1. sbb155 macrumors 6502

I had to let you gentlemen and ladies know.... this is the best price yet.. won't last long

2. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

First, when you post threads like this you probably should include the coupons. Secondly, this offer you are talking about is for Dell Small Business, meaning it's not for consumers. I'm not sure if you have to prove you have a buisness, but it's wrong just to order it.

BTW, in case someone owns a , here's the code:

$1199 - 35% off coupon code: 629P2JKBS7CWWD (exp 7/20,11:59am CDT) = $779 w/ free shipping.

3. Superhob macrumors regular

FYI, anyone can order from dell small business. They do not check and/or care if the buyer has a business or not.

This is an incredible deal considering the Apple 23 ACD costs about $720 more...Almost double!

4. Switzermac macrumors regular

5. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Wow thats quite a deal! Thanks for posting now if only I had a ton of money I could burn...

6. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

I'm glad someone posted that deal. I saw it a couple hours earlier but it's storming and the power had been out for me.

7. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

If they don't care, then why do they have the Small Buisness Section. They could just have one big section, if they didn't care who bought from which section.

8. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

No need to get mad at someone for posting a deal for people to use. Some people may think its wrong to order it off that part but other people may think its just fine.

Probobly the reason why they have it split into divisons is to make it easyer for the average person to navigate.

9. Superhob macrumors regular

They have to differentiate between the product lines to streamline the sales process and to lessen any confusion for the consumer. On their home & home office site, they sell consumer desktops, inspiron notebooks, mp3 players, etc. On the business site they sell Lattitude notebooks, servers, and so on.

10. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

I used coupon codes to get a 19" dell with a small business account. I actually ordered for my business in my sig, but they never verified as far as I know.

Thats a great deal, half the price for a bigger and better monitor than apple!

11. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I ordered from DELL Small business. All they asked was the name of the business. I said "Captain Humor" (http://captainhumor.com). They guy said ok and proceeded with the credit card order.

Like someone mentioned, it's just to organize better.

12. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

13. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

well, i wasn't so creative. but today i 1) startet my own smal business :rolleyes: and 2) ordered me a dell (monitor) :D .

is there anybody at macrumors left without a dell monitor? rethorical question. i know there are some people around with more emphasis on style and quality than me. but what should i do, money rules.
    :eek:

EDIT:

yep, my order just was confirmed. seems i have a small business now :eek:

14. SurfinSHELL23 macrumors regular

Damn. Now that I had just thoroughly convinced myself that it was OK to go the 699 for the ACD20 instead of the Dell20 for 400, this comes up! I'd have to be nuts not to go the $80 more... argh!

Brian

15. cwright macrumors 6502a

And I just bought my 2405FPW last week for $900+tax :(

Excellent monitor though! :)
    Here's some pics of my setup:
    http://homepage.mac.com/cwright3/PhotoAlbum55.html

I couldn't believe the shipping time... it shipped last friday and arrived this afternoon!

16. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

Hey nice setup i have to get me one of these things, are they easy on the eyes, does anyone know of any coupon sites for dell australia, right now they are $1440AU which is inexcess of $1000US i know they can be had cheaper but cant find em :confused:

17. sbb155 thread starter macrumors 6502

shipped!

I just received notification. I ordered yesterday, shipped today!

18. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i don't know about dell specifically. but some of my friends work in sales. the distinction between small business and home users is purely for organisational reasons.
    -they have sales people more used to talk to pros and more patient sales people talking to privat users.
    -they also use this distinction to learn about their market segments.
    -the users on the other hand get a service more tailored to their needs.
    -there are sometimes different warranties, service agreements and taxes attached to the product.

but at least my friends see no moral reason to not use a similar deal in their markets (biotech, computer, clothing, tools).

so i think its fine to use that deal even if you're not really a business owner.