8-12 days?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stevehp, Oct 29, 2006.

1. stevehp macrumors 6502

Hi All,

I spoke to an apple agent the other day about my C2D MBP 17 inch...I ordered it the day they came out. He said it SHOULD ship quicker than November 7th...I called back the other night and the agent said standard shipping is 8-12 days from ship date...Is that normal??? I am in Canada (Toronto) if that changes anything.

2. Optimus Rhyme macrumors regular

While I don't have experience having a Mac shipped to me, when I ordered an Ipod nano, I ordered it on a Thursday, it began shipping on the Friday, and I had it at my house on that Monday, or Tuesday. I can't remember exactly which day. So that does seem like a long shipping time to me.

3. stevehp thread starter macrumors 6502

standard shipping?

and whereabouts do you live if you don't mind me asking?

4. sulhaq macrumors regular

sulhaq

Standard shipping means it will be delivered usually within 3-5 business days from ship date in the US. Don't know anything about canada though.

5. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

when I ordered my MacPro, they said it would ship on the 27th and be at my door on the 31st.

Well, they got one thing right. it shipped on the 27th. but online order status says 5th Nov. and the email they sent says the 7th Nov.

Pot Luck.

6. sulhaq macrumors regular

sulhaq

Also are you sure he meant 8-12 days for delivery? He could have possibly meant that the 17'' MBPs are shipping within 8-12 days from order date, which seems reasonable as there's a shortage of the new models right now.

7. Optimus Rhyme macrumors regular

I live in Guelph, close to Toronto.

I honestly can't remember if I took standard or express shipping, must have been express.

8. stevehp thread starter macrumors 6502

I just checked my invoice and it does indeed say this at the bottom:

SHIPPING OPTIONS: As a service to our customers, Apple provides ground shipping
    on every order over $75.00 at no additional charge. Orders shipped by ground
    service should arrive within 8 - 12 business days after shipping. If you request
    a faster method of shipment, express shipping charges will appear on on your
    invoice. Shipping charges are based on the total weight of the order.

I'm guessing they just say that to save themseleves from making false promises

9. sulhaq macrumors regular

sulhaq

Why on earth have they shipped your order by GROUND!? :confused: It's the new 17'' Macbook Pro and should be coming in from China by Air....

10. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

I know I'd think twice about flying with a plane full of laptop batteries:eek:

11. stevehp thread starter macrumors 6502

everything seems to be in order now. The apple agent bumped my shipping to expediated - 2 Days now shows up on my order. My 17 inch is still showing November 7th so if that gets bumped back a few days I hope I can have it by then!

12. sulhaq macrumors regular

sulhaq

A plane full of old Dell and Macbook Pro batteries is a sure way to die :D

13. techster85 macrumors regular

It brings back memories of when I ordered my PB and it took A MONTH AND A HALF to get to me. I ordered right when Apple was upgrading to final revision of PB's, so they delayed my order, then canceled my order, then redid my order with the new PB. The only problem was that I was never notified, and the apple tracking site just said "processing." but, i did have better luck on my Mac Pro, so at least there was an upside to it all.