Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c55

macrumors regular
May 3, 2015
Can you provide a link to the correct stuff to download.

VirtualBox: http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/4.3.28/VirtualBox-4.3.28-100309-OSX.dmg

Extension so that USB devices will work in VM (you need to manually toggle this): http://download.virtualbox.org/virt...Box_Extension_Pack-4.3.28-100309.vbox-extpack

Windows 10 Preview (you will need to sign up, doesn't take long): http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

Save the ISO to your desktop, start up VirtualBox, create a new VM, add the /Desktop/Windows 10 Preview.iso, setup the amount of power you want to give your VM (MUST BE 2gigs of RAM OR MORE).

Start the VM, Windows 10 will boot up, when Windows asks if you want a regular setup or advanced, click advanced! Then click through all the little options until the setup is complete. Then go to project Spartan and go to taig's official English website and download Taig. Next, you will need an older version of iTunes. I suggest 12.0.1. Just type in "Itunes 12.0.1 download" in Google and download from a good source. After that downloads you need to go up to the top of the screen (in OS X) and make sure "iPhone USB device " is connected. You may need to startup iTunes too so that the iPhone allows connection to that computer. From there you should be able to jailbreak. If Taig says it's missing drivers you need to google "Taig 8.4 drivers" and you'll see plenty of articles from iphonehacks or whoever tell you what to do. If you have more questions feel free to ask, I didn't cover all the fine print but it's a pretty straight forward proccess.

Edit: you need about 40gb of free storage on your Mac's hard drive to do this. You can't put any of this on an external drive.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
That's an odd error - I have no explanation for it.

Here's what worked for me.

Remember to turn off Find my iPhone, disable auto lock, turn off your passcode and put your iPhone into airplane mode.

Also if your device was previously jailbroken, you need to restore it rather than just update it. And, regardless, update it from your computer via USB rather than OTA.

1) (on the Mac) back up your iPhone in iTunes, then close the program
2) (on Windows) download Taig 2.3
3) (on Windows) If you're running an antivirus program like Sophos, disable it (re-enable when you're done)
4) Plug in your phone and make sure it's on the Parallels side
5) (on Windows) launch iTunes. When you've been prompted "Trust this computer?", on your phone say yes then close iTunes.
6) (on Windows) Launch Taig 2.3
7) Unselect the second checkbox (25PP or whatever it's called), then click the jailbreak button
8) Be patient - it may take a while

If the jailbreak fails, then go back to Mac iTunes and do a fresh restore of the iPhone. When I've had problems, I've found it helpful to restore as a new device, jailbreak that, and afterward restore from backup.

With a previously jailbroken iPad, the first 8.4 jailbreak attempt failed. I restored it as a new device, then tried to jailbreak it again - the second time worked.

Thanks for the reply. I havent gotten around to trying anything yet. Ive been painting one of my homes the last week+. Im going to try it out tomorrow or Thursday.

furbzv1

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2014
i used parallel and windows 8.1 trial. took me about an hour to get everything done. kept getting stuck at 20% and 60%

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.