8 lbs. in 3 days?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacAztec, Jan 26, 2006.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

Oct 28, 2001
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Well, I have been working out (weights) ever since my freshman year in highschool. I never really go more than 4 months straight working out, I usually have football in between, so I cant lift and have the season at the same time, so it was usually about 3 months on, 2 months off, etc.

Football is over now (im a senior, we had a great year, went 12-1). I got a membership to Golds by my house, and have been working out since the day after Christmas. I took a few days off this week (2 days), and weighed myself tonight. I gained 8lbs. I thought it was reading wrong, but I waited an hour (after workout), weighed myself again, same weight. Then I weighed myself at home, same weight.

Weird huh? I think its good. Its weird though, over the last 3-4 days, people have been telling me I look bigger! I'm not small really, but i would like to be big. I am currently about 5'11, 172.
  2. angelneo macrumors 68000

Jun 13, 2004
    Tell me about it. I had a hard time gaining weight also, it seems that only when I am exercising regularly, then I can put on some mass.
  3. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    ~4 kilos in 3 days?

Most likely your scale is a bit out of whack and most of the weight - if any - that you have put on is composed of water that you would have sweated out in the gym but haven't.

Don't worry about being "big" just be "fit."
  4. .Andy macrumors 68030

Jul 18, 2004
    The Mergui Archipelago
    Yeah like chundles said it'll most likely be water. You've just shocked the crap out of your body working so hard and it's told your kidneys to hold their horses :)! For consistency I like to weight myself first thing in the morning after my constitutional.
  5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder
    I've got some spare body fat if you need it...
  6. Sushi7 macrumors newbie

Jan 26, 2006
    Well, I'm really thin and I'm trying to gain weight now :) , but unfortunately it's not working. :(

Sushi7 ;)
  7. .Andy macrumors 68030

Jul 18, 2004
    The Mergui Archipelago
    Have you tried eating a couple of jars of peanut butter a week? Enough calories/protein in there to bulk up even the scrawniest ;)!

edit: spelling like a drunk monkey.
  8. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

Mar 6, 2005
    That is definatly true, when i was trying to bulk up i made about 3 peanut butter and banana sandwhiches a day on top of my normal 3 meals and i gained weight like there was no tommrow, give it a try if your weight training.

9. floriflee macrumors 68030

Dec 21, 2004
    All I've got to say is I wish I had that problem of gaining weight. Instead I've got those good ol' fashioned German birthing hips and some ghetto bootie. Must be all the hormones in the milk. :p :eek: