8 of Amazon's 12 top-selling desktops are Macs - top 3 are ...

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by MacBytes, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Nice. :cool:

Guess this answears all the nay sayers saying that this won't sell.

2. Trowaman macrumors 6502a

Trowaman

I'm very much linkin' this. Now, we need tv commercials for this thing . . .

Under every tree, Star Wars DVD Box set which you can watch on your brand new iMac G5.

*wishful thinking*

3. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

Laptops selling well too

The iMac is beating all those PCs... and the eMac and PowerMac are doing nicely too! Even more Macs are in the top 20-30 if you keep scrolling.

And I just checked the laptops... 6 of the top 15 notebooks are from Apple, including 3 in the top 10. All of Apple's laptop models/sizes (maybe not every speed variation) are found in the top 25, even the 17" PowerBook.

And in the general "Computers" category, accessories are all on top (lots of wireless gear), with the 15GB iPod at number one. 2 of the top 10 items are iPods. 5 of the top 20 are Apple products, including AirPort Express and two colors of iPod Mini--which would no doubt rank much higher if the colors were counted together.

So I looked at "Electronics."--a very broad group with cameras, PDAs, computer peripherals, phones, and everything. Cheap little flash cards rank high of course. Even so, the iPod's #3 there. Only three music players make the top 30--and two of them are iPods, both outranking a Rio. Keep going down the ranks and you see lots more iPods--and only a few other players.

Under "Servers"... "Sorry. There are no top sellers available in Servers." :D

4. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

I check Amazon every once in a while to see how Apple's hardware is selling, it's always cool to see their products at the top of the best selling list :)

5. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

:D I'm sure the Xserve will be on there any day now!

6. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Top-10 positions are all well and good, but I want to see some real hord-core unit figures that fully show the penetration the iMac G5 is having.

Obviously I won't get that, but it's what I want anyway.

Pointless rant aside, it is pleasing.

7. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

8. dross macrumors regular

dross

9. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Just wait until more statistics are generated - then you'll see the revealing numbers.

10. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Numbers!!???? I want more than NUMBERS ... I want the blood of the unforgiving weak minded X86 cronies who polute my eyes during every waking moment of my working hours..... :mad:

Fortunately I spend most of my work day asleep at my desk, thus quelling any urges to kill the fools ........

Second pointless rant aside, I'm gonna reckon that this may be the biggest selling PPC unit in the last 4 years, and the design of it, unlike it's 2nd gen predecessor that I love and want buried with me, gives scope for far more development of upgrade and improve.

I sense a second wave of the post '98 good times ...

11. Zaty macrumors 65816

How big a computer seller is Amazon in the US?

Those numbers are really nice but how relevant are they, I mean does Amazon US sell a lot of computers and/or peripherals? (Over here, most people buy articles such as books, CD, DVDs, software, etc. from Amazon).