800mhz ibook g4

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Cabrini715, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Cabrini715 macrumors member

Cabrini715

I was thinking about selling my ibook to upgrade to a powerbook. How much do you i think i should sell it for.
    12.1 800mhz ibook w/combo drive
    512 mb
    30gb
    airport extreme card
    final cut pro 4
    office for mac
    ilife 04

2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

It really depends on whether or not the software licenses are included. If they aren't, you might want to edit your post not to conatin the software, because that is considered pirating software on these boards...

3. Cabrini715 thread starter macrumors member

Cabrini715

I don't know yet if I am going to sell it, but yea it would come with the software licenses as well. If i were to sell it, im not sure how much i should ask for, or how much the reserve would be on ebay.

4. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Well, shoot, the software is worth almost as much as the computer, especially if you have the pro versions of all that software.

The computer itself is probably worth $800 or so, give or take.

It might be best to sell the software separately, especially if you have the original disks/packaging.

5. Cabrini715 thread starter macrumors member

Cabrini715

yea it seems like i might be better off if i sold the software separately...i might make an extra couple bucks...thanks

6. mms macrumors 6502a

The original computer was $1099... added RAM... added AE... should fetch you around $900 alone, in my thinking, since it isn't more than an year old at the most. The included software would up the price by a lot though.

7. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

nobody will pay 900 for that comp :cool:

8. Cabrini715 thread starter macrumors member

Cabrini715

how much do you think they would pay for the computer with all the software....the computer was purchased about a year ago along with the software...

9. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

You could get $1,000 CAN easy for your iBook, you figure out what that is in USD
    just advertise at universities and the students will gobble it up.
    I am selling my 700mhz iBook for $1,050 CAN on Jan 10th with out any software except what it came with.