Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdafan

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2011
the adapter i bought with 4 TO 2 pin connector,easy to install
[doublepost=1468441172][/doublepost]
View attachment 640130

Those who bought this adapter card with the given 2 cables as shown in the picture, I have verified that what xnathanh suggested in his post works. I cut off the usb connector of one cable and connect (red to red, black to black) it to the other end of the other cable. This leaves us with 2 white connector at both end of the merged cable. One end goes to the adapter card, the other goes to the Bluetooth connector on the Mac motherboard.

Both the wifi and Bluetooth are detected by the system.

rGiskard

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2012
I'll be able to test on Sierra beta soon, just waiting on a BT extension cable...

Which Mac Pro are you guys having success/failure on? And which Broadcom card? I've seen different version of Broadcom chipsets used sometimes, like on the PCIe adapter cards.

zoomfinder

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2015
I installed OSXwifi's Broadcom 802.11ac/BT4 card in MacPro3,1 and the device is working nicely. I swapped #1 and BT cables again. Even then a slight interference seems to pop up when CPU (8-core 3.2 GHz) is heavily loaded but it's not noticeable and doesn't bother me. There is no need to connect a USB cable in 3,1 but I connected #2 cable to port 2 and all four ports are now occupied for this ac card to work. I was taken aback when I first started my Mac and the BT device didn't appear in System Report but turning on the BT in System Preference and a rebooting the machine fixed that.

LEOMODE

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
Southern California
Has anyone having issue with connecting to a BT 4.0 mouse on Boot Camp Windows 10? I'm having an issue connecting a Logitech MX Master mouse in both OS's (Windows 10 Boot Camp and latest OSX as of today). It keeps giving me an error message so I'm wondering how you guys fixed this. I bought the same stuff on eBay.

waimtrp

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2008
i have the same kit by this seller, working nice with Yosemite , and now i upgraded to 10.11.6, same working very fine with my iPad & iPhone :p , expecting Sierra will work the same :D

12CoreMP

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2015
Edinburgh, Scotland
Has anyone having issue with connecting to a BT 4.0 mouse on Boot Camp Windows 10? I'm having an issue connecting a Logitech MX Master mouse in both OS's (Windows 10 Boot Camp and latest OSX as of today). It keeps giving me an error message so I'm wondering how you guys fixed this. I bought the same stuff on eBay.

I remember reading an article a while back about Bluetooth and multiple connections. Basically it said disconnect from one before trying to connect to the other. So disconnect your mouse from OS X then go into Bootcamp and try and set it up there.

12CoreMP

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2015
Edinburgh, Scotland
What WiFi BTLE card do you have?

Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 22.49.19.jpg

missmercy

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2014
Melbourne Australia
Ok so I have a 2010 3.33 6 core MacPro. I bought the OSWIFI card (http://www.osxwifi.com/apple-broadc...-with-adapter-for-macpro-2009-and-macpro-2010) a year or so ago and after a bit of initial fiddling to get it working, it was stable under Yosemite, both Handoff and Continuity are working.

I did upgrade to El Capitan last week but then realized I'd lost Handoff and Continuity - the latter I use a lot, so I did a fresh install of Yosemite after trying to restore unsuccessfully (seriously messed up preferences) from Superduper. Yosemite is working just fine with Handoff and Continuity.

I have a separate test boot of El Capitan and want to know how/if it is possible to get Handoff & Continuity working.

So far I have tried disabling SIP and replacing the cloudpaird file, not working. I'm expecting that I need to run CAT, but I'm not sure which version, so if someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

This is what I see in Yosemite:

This is what I see in El Capitan:

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
TBH, no idea, but the driver in Yosemie and El Capitan may be completely different. And you better contact OSXWifi to ask them if they know any info / solution on this matter.
[doublepost=1473609097][/doublepost]
I just upgraded my old MacPro 2009 with this latest AirPort card. No CAT required, just plug & play. So cool! The installation's easier than I thought.
View attachment 650236 View attachment 650237

Thanks for the sharing, you pick the package 2?

mhafeez

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2013
TBH, no idea, but the driver in Yosemie and El Capitan may be completely different. And you better contact OSXWifi to ask them if they know any info / solution on this matter.
[doublepost=1473609097][/doublepost]

Thanks for the sharing, you pick the package 2?

I did bought the 2nd Package but I use it for my iMac (A1312). As usual, easy installation and no CAT required.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
I did bought the 2nd Package but I use it for my iMac (A1312). As usual, easy installation and no CAT required.

I see, it seems those little antennas make the installation easier. Anyway, any comment on the BT reception? I am looking for this native way to enable Handoff, but a bit worry about the magic mouse won't work properly due to poor reception. If I end up forced to use my USB BT dongle to run my magic mouse, and need CAT to enable Handoff, then this upgrade may become quite meaningless.

Chung123

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2013
NYC
I just upgraded my old MacPro 2009 with this latest AirPort card. No CAT required, just plug & play. So cool! The installation's easier than I thought.
View attachment 650236 View attachment 650237

This seems like the best and easiest package to install. Would you happen to know if it works with Sierra?

I currently have a Broadcom 943460mc https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/broadcom-bcm943460mc-ac-wifi-card-for-mac-pro.1878172/ in my Mac Pro just for the AC wifi speeds but was broken in the first Sierra beta.

Edit: The 943460MC continues to be broken in final release of Sierra.

Last edited:

missmercy

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2014
Melbourne Australia
I am very disappointed with the "support" from OSXWIFI, they have not answered my 3 emails regarding my Broadcom Card not being recognized in El Capitan.

I am totally mystified as CAT can see the Airport card, but isn't recognizing the Bluetooth - it's all one card!!!

Rather than take another gamble and spend on another internal solution, I have just bought a Gmyle dongle from China and hope I can get that working with the help of CAT - will take a month to get here, so in the meantime if anyone has any suggestions on how I might get my internal card working it would very much be appreciated. As El Capitan is a test install I'm willing to try anything!!

Reactions: Squuiid

Squuiid

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2006
I am very disappointed with the "support" from OSXWIFI, they have not answered my 3 emails regarding my Broadcom Card not being recognized in El Capitan.
OSXWiFi stole my money. I've sent them 5 emails now to both their sales and support emails and they don't respond. The goods never arrived and they won't refund my money. I've been ignored on every attempt to contact them.
While some may have had a good experience with the company I recommend you stay away from them.

leon771

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2011
Australia
OSXWiFi stole my money. I've sent them 5 emails now to both their sales and support emails and they don't respond. The goods never arrived and they won't refund my money. I've been ignored on every attempt to contact them.
While some may have had a good experience with the company I recommend you stay away from them.

I had to lodge a Paypal dispute to get any response from them regarding a Wifi/BT module with non functional BT. Took 2 months to finalise.
When I first emailed regarding issues I received a response within 24 hours. After that initial contact I received absolutely nothing. I too would recommend avoiding.

Reactions: Squuiid
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.