802.11g card for PowerBook G3 Lombard

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by johnathan1, Oct 25, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

I have a PB G3 lombard (bronze keyboard), with MacOS 9.2...I have an 802.11g wireless router, and was wondering how I can get it on the internet wirelessly... Is there a PCMCIA card that is compatible? Or will I have to use a USB dongle? And what brands...where can I buy it? (I know, I'm a nooob...lol)

-John

2. thread starter macrumors newbie

nobody has any recommendations?

3. macrumors 68020

Aria Extreme

I believe there are other third party cards intended for Windows PCs that happen to work on the Mac, but I don't recall. Maybe someone else knows...

4. macrumors 68030

I would do a search on the forums for this, it's come up a lot. I had some Microsoft card that worked great in my Lombard with no drivers or anything. Can't remember the exact model, do a quick search here, it'll turn up.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses guys. And I know about the Aria Extreme, but I need one that will work with OS 9.2, and it says the Aria is only compatible with OS X?

6. macrumors 68020

Yeah, Jag only. :(

Click here.

7. macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Cant you just put an old airport card in the expansion slot? The only thing that you would miss is an antenna, but you can connect one to it. Or does this not work? I know it doenst work with a PB G4, but maybe it does with an older PB.