802.11n enabled but now slow...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by djsound, Mar 9, 2007.

1. djsound macrumors 6502a

djsound

Hi there I just bought the 802.11n enabler and installed it on my 233ghz iMac the other day....but now it seems my downloads are even slower....

Downloads and sending anything through Adium are very very slow.

Has anyone experienced this?? Do i need to do something else to 'use' the 802.11n? I just installed it...

thanks

2. osirisX macrumors regular

I've read that the latest AirPort update (002) increases the single strength. Download it and see if it helps.

3. nazmac21 macrumors 6502a

nazmac21

802.11n would not be finalized until 2008. There might still be conflicts in n wireless with g/b/a.

4. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

well i dont have the Mac Router yet.. (airport or something i forget what its called)...so im still using my normal wireless router with the wireless 'n' enabled....

maybe downloading through Adium is just normally slow. anyone know?

5. YanMasaryk macrumors newbie

Just because N has yet to be finalised this does not mean the card would function incorrectly under other modes. djsound, just to make surel, you are aware that unless you have over 20 meg a second internet, or lots and lots of wireless users, N isn't going to make a difference to your internet speed, but just the speed from your computer to the router?

6. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

i think with the Airport i should see some improvement..

i guess i should see what my transfer rate is from my internet provider first?

thanks

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

oh yeah, better have data first :D, my place is far away from sbc's transmitting center, so whenever connect outside of home network, the speed won't exceed 40KB/sec. :(, i guess using 802.11z won't help that, huh