802 PCI Wireless Card for MDD

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Retrosonic, May 5, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Hopefully someone can help. I'd like to install a PCI 802. Wireless card in my old G5 MDD. I dont want to use the old internal Airport card because its so slow.

Does anyone know exactly which PCI card I can use in the MDD? I was told Edimax made one, but no one seems to know the model number.

Any help is appreciated!

Retro

2. macrumors newbie

Hello, first post do please be kind. I am in a similar situation as you looking to add wifi to my MDD. Other world computing has a few that would work in and I believe is the same brand you mentioned. Also macwireless dot com has some that support up to wireless n. From my research anything that uses a broadcom chipset will work natively with apples airport software. Currently I am using a netgear wg111 v4 usb nic which works however not happy with performance.

3. macrumors 65816

rabidz7

Could you please clarify what computer this is, there is no such thing as a G5 MDD.
    Is the mac silver aluminum?
    Is it G4 or G5

4. macrumors P6

Intell

Does it really matter if it's a G4 or G5? He want's a PCI WiFi card. It'll fit in most G5's and all G4's (except the Cube).

5. thread starter macrumors regular

G4

Sorry, the G5 was a typo. Its a G4 MDD.

I'm looking for a Wireless card that will support 802n

Thank you for any assistance.

6. macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

Edimax does make one. It is the ew-7722ln. OWC has them for $35.

I have a newertech maxpower pci card. Works great but has been discontinued.

7. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks!

DZ:thanks for that info, much appreciated.