Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today marks MacRumors.com's 10 year anniversary. It's a shocking realization that I've been doing this now for a decade. For those unfamiliar with the history of the site, I started it as a hobby back in early 2000 as a place to consolidate interesting news and rumors about Apple. I was finishing my 4th year of medical school at the time and kept the site running as I completed my medical training. But it wasn't until July 2008 that I finally gave up medicine to go full time.

With the growth of Apple, and success of their products, the interest in Apple rumors has grown substantially in the past few years, and MacRumors is stronger than ever. I feel the main strength behind MacRumors beyond tracking rumors has always been the community and discussion about the latest news and happenings. I hope to emphasize that more in the future and continue to build on our strengths.

So, thanks to our readers, staff and volunteers who have made 10 years possible.

- Arnold Kim, Founder and Editor (twitter | blog)

Article Link: MacRumors Turns 10 Years Old Today

vashnar

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2008
Thanks!

Thanks for all your hard work, Arn. I don't often post, but I'm here every day. A decade of success at any endeavor is to be commended - here's to another ten years!

uraniumwilly

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2007
Cheers!!

Thanks to you guys and especially your forums, my ass has been saved an untold number of times.

Best of luck to all.

P.S. Thanks for the troll management efforts--I know it's not fun!

ervintwj

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2009
Happy birthday Macrumors! Macrumors actually share the same birthday as Jobs? Cool, didn't noticed that.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Happy Birthday MacRumors! Let it be another 10 great years..

PS - I tried to find the biggest birthday cake for all of us, but I just can't seem to Google it right... anyone else wanna try?

birthday_cake.jpg

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
I'm voting negative because this sort of thing should happen on a Friday or Saturday, not Wednesday!

(Ok, not really. I spent 10 minutes trying to think of where those votes came from and this was the best I could come up with.)

Xfujinon

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2007
Iowa City, Iowa
I check this site every single day, along with Google News and the New England Journal of Medicine.

I am a medical doctor in training. For what it's worth, I hope your time in medicine wasn't too bad. I look forward to it, and hope to make a good career out of it, unless my new idea for a website TexasInstrumentsTi83Rumors.com takes off.

The world hungers for calculator news.

Thanks, arn, for giving me stuff to read every single day!

zself

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2010
Congrats and thank you!

I've been reading your posts about as long as you've been around. Glad you stuck it out. You have been most helpful to me and my company over the years.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Applause. I'm proud to say that I've been here for 5 of them... and on the forums for about that long too! Here's to many more such anniversaries :cool:

liavman

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y!!!

Definitely better times are ahead for Apple and hence for Macrumors..

Educational and entertaining and informative service provided by Macrumors. Visiting the site is part of my daily routine.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
PS - I tried to find the biggest birthday cake for all of us, but I just can't seem to Google it right... anyone else wanna try?

Did you google "biggest birthday cake?" Because that turned up turned up this gem, which is ALMOST big enough for Macrumors.

Almost.

Attachments

• cake.jpg
    cake.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 389

tabsaid

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2007
Happy Birthday MacRumors. Check everytime I open safari. Right up in my bookmark bar. Gotten so much from this site and the forums. Heres to 10 more!

skate71290

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
UK
Love It :D

only started on MacRumors about a year ago, so much better than AppleInsider and i love a place to bitch about how good and **** Apple can be, thanks :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.