88 retail stores by Sept. 30

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Sayhey, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

In Apple's 2nd Quarter Financial Conference they announced that they will have 88 retail stores by the end of the fiscal year (Sept. 30th.) That is an increase from the 80 they projected for the beginning of the school year. The following appears to be the list of upcoming stores by that date.

79 - Bethesda, Maryland
    80 - Austin, Texas
    81 - Danbury, Connecticut
    82 - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    83 - Kansas City, Missouri
    84 - Rosedale, Minnesota
    85 - Osaka, Japan
    86 - Stonestown Mall, San Francisco, California
    87 - Santa Rosa, California
    88 - Bridgeview, New Jersey

All the above have listings on Apple's job site.

In addition the rumored stores include the Regent Street location in London; a midtown Manhattan Flagship store; a long awaited store in Mobile, Alabama; the March '05 opening of a Jacksonville store; a upper west side store in Manhattan; a Paris store; a Rockaway, New Jersey location; and two possible Toronto locations. There is no word yet on a second Portland store (Pioneer Place) or the Syracuse (Carousel Center) rumors. Will Apple make it to 100 retail outlets by the fourth anniversary of their retail initiative in May 2005?

2. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Cool, I say the more the merrier. I love apple stores.

3. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

They need more stores in the Los Angeles area. Starbucks still outnumbers them slightly. ;)

4. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

That is great news for Apple. I just hope they are not expanding too quickly...

5. Sayhey thread starter macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Don't worry they aren't going to stop at the eight stores Apple currently has in the LA metro area. There is a rumor of a Irvine store over at ifoAppleStore but no one has a line on an opening date. With over 16 million people in the metro area, Apple could put another dozen stores there and still have room for expansion. Only the NYC and the SF Bay Area looks to have as many stores in the future. I know you are being a bit sarcastic in your post, but I say take what every stores you can get!

Oh! and I forgot to say that the conference call confirmed the London store opening in late 2004. Camp outs on Regent Street in late November or early December?