8GB iPhone priced on Amazon at £280

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dadada-Mac Man, Jan 29, 2007.

1. dadada-Mac Man macrumors newbie

The iPhone is priced at www.amazon.co.uk at £280. The price isn't shown on the main product page, but if you add it to your wish list the price is shown as £280. This could be just a glitch or a very good sign for Apple fans in the UK.:) The $599 8GB US iPhone converts to £305.

I have attached a screenshot.

Attached Files:

2. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

Interesting, let´s hope the trend continues. Can just imagine what the prize will drop to when the iPhone reach Norway;)

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Yeah, I'd buy it for under NOK 3000 in a heartbeat... :cool:

And that's a very different price from what the German Amazon indicated... wasn't that € 800 (~NOK 6500) or something?

4. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

on the german store, the 8GB is 840 Euros and the 4GB is 755.

5. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

6. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

good call! :rolleyes:

7. Sam* macrumors regular

Sam*

well the 4gb is listed as £237.45

so must be some sort of mistake right?

anyway

its still a rip off for a phone:rolleyes:

8. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

If it's an un-subsidised price as a lot of reports have suggested, it's a pretty good price... still not cheap mind.

9. shunpike macrumors regular

The best thing about this is that it isn't a fake - i tried it - my eagerness for an iPhone has been restored!

10. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

I wouldn't read much into this. You won't be able to use it until year end, and I'd imagine the price is guesswork on Amazon's part. They like as not have no idea if and when they can sell the phone, never mind how much they can charge.

11. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

This just looks like a currency conversion on Amazons half. If it's not then it's good news for us Brits, I was expecting a UK price of about £350 for the 8GB version.

12. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

13. yagran macrumors 6502a

yer i emailed amazon and they say this is an unconfirmed price which they have been given by an anonymous uk carrier. sounds exciting. but i can defo say it will cost alot more than this unsubsidised. my guess is that this is with .... VODAFONE ONLY! and it will be £35 a month with 500 txts 500 mins. u wait and watch.

14. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

What makes Amazon even think they will be able to sell the iphone??

Has anybody or is anybody going to order one from them?

The Stig

15. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Wish the stupid wireless companys would let you upgrade your phone more than once every year! I really want a new phone to, especially a "smart phone" but i cant justify paying 400 dollars + tax for one.

Blackberry pearl mmm ::drool::
    iphone mmm ::drool::

16. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

surely its just guess-work used to attract buyers?

I saw it cheap on amazon yet when the prices rises to the same as everywhere else amazon have grabbed their attention and they buy it from there?

17. Magnum26 macrumors member

Magnum26

Even if this is the price of the iPhone when it comes out, which I doubt it will be, is that the price for the Unit only? As correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the iPhone a contract phone?

Also £280 isn't actually that bad if you break down what is inside of the iPhone. If you look at the prices for normal phones and iPods and join them it would easily push £280 +. Would you pay £200 for an iPod? Would you pay £80 for a Phone? Of Course you would and probably have, maybe even spent more. I know I have spent £200 on my Samsung E900 so £80 for a phone with an iPod and other things built in is good value for money in my opinion.

But then I could be wrong...? :apple:

18. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I think this is wrong because I don't think Apple is going to sell the iPhone via Amazon.

Well, it's just a guess, anyway. With Cingular, Apple has a lot of control over where the iPhone can be sold, and I think they want to sell this phone at the Apple store, and any Cingular stores. I didn't know that Amazon was on the list of places that would sell it. Meh, just a guess on my part.