9/11 Million Muslim March To Highlight American Islamophobia

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Hands Sandon, Aug 21, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

"The American Muslim Political Action Committee says it wants to use the 12th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on New York and Washington to march on the National Mall and protest against what the group says is discrimination against Muslims by Americans and the U.S. government."
    ~ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...11--Islamic-group-planning-57-supporters.html

I wouldn't have thought too many Muslims will show up, as for the most part they seem to be doing extremely well in the US. Building hundreds of new mosques and growing their numbers at an astonishingly fast rate.

They're thriving in America, so is there really a need for this march on 9/11, and would it really make things better for them?

2. macrumors 6502a

xShane

Yes. There still is discrimination against them.

Just because the plane hijackers happened to be Muslim does not mean all Muslims deserve to be discriminated against. Do I need to bring up instances of Christians killing women and children?

3. macrumors 6502

haxrnick

4. macrumors 65816

citizenzen

Let's see what the reaction is to their march.

That may help indicate the need (or not) of it.

5. Hands Sandon, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013

thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm sure they are, but will doing this help them?

Please do list Christian's killing women and children. I'd love to see that list. Here's a list of the last month Islamic attacks in the name of Islam (it won't all fit in one post so I'll use two)-

List of Islamic Terror Attacks For the Past 30 Days
    ~ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

6. Hands Sandon, Aug 21, 2013

thread starter macrumors 6502

The rest for the last month-
    ~ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

7. macrumors 6502

haxrnick

Don't bother with xShane on his pure hatred for Christians.

8. xShane, Aug 21, 2013

macrumors 6502a

xShane

First of all, have a reputable source? I on the other hand, am going to be a bit more fair and not post from hatemachine.com. I'll give you a chance.

9. macrumors 68040

I think many Americans don't know how to separate Muslims, but instead lump all Muslims into one giant group which unfortunately includes the bad aspects.

They do the same with blacks. Profile and discriminate as if they all have the same cultures and backgrounds. Blacks come from so many differ countries, cultures, and religions which all hold differ morals and values. This is the same with Muslims, not all Muslims hold the exact same values and culture. People only seem to notice the negative ideologies from a select number or select groups of Muslims, ignoring the number of Muslims and groups that are the complete opposite.

Being that said, people of certain ethnicity and religions need to voice their opinion much more openly, loudly, and more frequent against those involved in with the negative.

10. thread starter macrumors 6502

Be nice if they spoke out more against a lot of things. Silence is golden all too often when it comes to backward thinking about women and gays for instance.

Muslim's vary though. The younger one's are becoming more extreme than their parents ever were, whilst others are becoming even more progressive.

11. macrumors 6502a

xShane

Source?

12. thread starter macrumors 6502

Pretty obvious where the real hate machine is.

Don't think for one second though I think all Muslim's are like the one's in the list. They are not at all. The one's I have met personally, have all been very nice peaceful people, who despise that kind of violence, as far as I can tell.

13. macrumors 6502a

xShane

You sure seem to make a lot of claims that tell otherwise...

14. macrumors 68040

Why does he need a source for something that is common knowledge? There is no one source, but many sources. Find them and put two and two together. Anyone who has watched or read multiple media outlets through the last two years can see this.

15. thread starter macrumors 6502

16. macrumors 603

quagmire

And yet the crusades were done in the name of christianity.....

Look a lot of religions have a blood trail. Lets not act superior.....

The only issue I have with this is the date. They are not going to get a lot of support from Americans for choosing to do it on 9/11.

17. thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't believe in denying what's happening. That doesn't help anybody. I assure you though I find Muslims very nice. If I hadn't I'd tell you, believe me, but like I say I've never met one who wasn't.

18. macrumors 6502a

xShane

Right, so you're the legitimate source. Interesting.

I wonder how many Christians in the United States would prefer Christian laws and regulations (i.e. traditional marriage)?

19. macrumors 68040

Truthfully, not many would notice nor media give it much attention on any other day.

20. thread starter macrumors 6502

You asked for a source, you got one, and then you denied it. I see a pattern here.

Comparing Sharia Law to Christian's politics in the US is comparing apples and oranges. I suspect you know that already.

21. macrumors 6502a

xShane

How's it any different? The way I see it, no religion deserves a place in our laws and regulations. I don't discriminate against any religion in particular, I just don't like all religion.

22. macrumors 6502

DUCKofD3ATH

Looks like radical Muslims are going to try to foment a riot by outraging Americans who remember the evil that was done on 9/11.

No doubt their purpose will be to get some of their useful idiots hurt or killed, thereby creating martyrs to their cause.

Making omelettes, break a few eggs, etc.

23. macrumors 6502a

xShane

Is this guy serious?

24. macrumors 6502

DUCKofD3ATH

You're an odd duck. Either you think someone's opinion is funny, so he must not be civilized. Or you reply directly by quoting and then ask questions to everyone but the person you quoted.

I just think you're intellectually lazy and either can't or won't formulate a logical argument.

25. thread starter macrumors 6502

More from the Telegraph-

"One in eight young Muslims said they admired groups such as al-Qa'eda that "are prepared to fight the West".

Turning to issues of faith, 36 per cent of the young people questioned said they believed that a Muslim who converts to another religion should be "punished by death." Among the over 55s, the figure is only 19 per cent.
    Three out of four young Muslims would prefer Muslim women to "choose to wear the veil or hijab," compared to only a quarter of over-55s."
    ~ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1540895/Young-British-Muslims-getting-more-radical.html