9/11 Panel Members Weren’t Told of Meeting

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Oct 1, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

nytimes

"who could have imagined that a white house would be so unresponsive to dire warnings of attack from the intelligence community?"

time to blame clinton some more, i guess.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The administrations motto is take no responsibility for anything, then lie & spin to your base who's blind.

3. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

There's other indicators that they already knew what was going to happen.

I came across the German Intelligence Report.

Read for yourself.

http://tbrnews.org/Archives/a652.htm

On Monday August 6, 2001, at 17:50, [German] Ambassador Ischinger personally notified the President of the United States that information developed by the Bundesamt für Verfassungsschutz [German domestic secret service] as well as the BND [Bundesnachrichtendienst, German foreign secret service] indicated clearly that an attack by a radical Arab group partially based in Germany was to occur on September 10-11, 2001. The President was at that time in residence at his farm in Texas. Our [German] Ambassador was acting in direct response to instructions from Foreign Minister Fischer.

4. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

I just finished reading the entire report...this is fairly shocking if true.

But that's the question, isn't it. Truth.

I have serious misgivings to the validity of the report. This sounds like lots of conspiracy theories combined into one document. I don't know whether to dismiss this out of hand or investigate further. Who is TBR News? What would their equivalent be in the US and UK media...BBC News, Fox News or the Sun?

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

There's probably a kernel of truth in there, but the overall tone is far too excitable and immoderate to persuade.

6. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

I'm not sure what to think any more.

It's like every week another lie surfaces.

I guess it's how you look at the whole situation then and now.

Who stood to benefit the most from 9/11 and who
    would stand to lose the most if another attack occured.

And it still bugs the crap out of me thinking of the hoops Bush jumped through
    to clear the Bin Laden family's swift departure.

7. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

wow, yet more evidence of the bush administration's inability to accept responsibility for anything, while spinning out an elaborate web of lies to cover from all their failures.

when will it end...

8. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

When George Tenent resigned I figured he had to be pretty angry about how he and the CIA became the administration's designated fall-guy for 9/11. I wondered how and when he'd resurface to tell his side of the story. I supposed it would be a memoir or some other form of kiss-and-tell book. Instead, he became a major source for Bob Woodward.

The administration seems genuinely taken aback by these allegations. I smell a scramble going on in the White House over how to respond. The language they've used thus far is ambiguous, as if they really don't know what was said at this meeting. What I don't understand is why Tenent (apparently) did not put these concerns in writing, especially if he felt "brushed off" by Rice. Maybe Woodward clarifies this point in his book, but the way the story reads now, something doesn't quite add up.

9. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

When you know enough to put the Bush Cheney and Rumsfeld in prison, you probably want to make very sure that all your bases are covered.

Now that the public knows Bush has been lying in so many ways, it's much more difficult for the spin doctors to discredit what Tenet is saying.

10. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Tenet's claims as told to Woodward can be confirmed by Black, who so far at least, isn't talking. I presume he wasn't talking to Woodward, either. The lack of verification does open up a hole in the story. At best it becomes a literal "he said -- she said" deal. They haven't done it yet, but I'd expect a whispering campaign to discredit Tenet as a source to be started. Shouldn't be too difficult for this crew. The usual charge of sour grapes should do it.

11. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

though his bush-awarded medal of freedom should help reveal the shenanigans.

12. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I wonder what tomorrow holds? Perhaps a meeting where she was told but Bill Clinton made her forget? How can any honest American back these liars and spinmasters is beyond me. The world must be counting down the days when this evil administration is no longer in control of our govt, meanwhile McCain is kissing George's butt for ass much airtime he can get.

14. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

True, but the whispering campaign wouldn't be connected to the White House except by those of us who know how these things get started. You'd see it popping up in right-wing blogs and on FOX.

15. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Exactly. This is what I mean by the White House being in a scramble. They've had their trousers yanked but they still don't know how much is exposed.

16. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Follow the money. Wait, that was Nixon's regime. Follow the e-mails. No, wait. That's sheer Foley.

How much latitude does a White House member have with "I don't recall"? Aren't their records of meetings minuted? Why does this remain a "he said, she said" issue?

17. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

it fits their m.o.: evidence doesn't matter, just trust us.

18. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Because their republican buddies run Govt and there is no such thing as oversite ,accountability, and with lots $$$ the republican spin machine can spin everything. You should listen to Hastert spinning Foley. On one hand they told Foley to stop it but on the other they didnt know enough to warn anyone???