9/11 Report on iTunes

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by CMillerERAU, Jul 29, 2004.

1. CMillerERAU macrumors regular

Hey, I just downloaded the 9/11 report on iTMS for free! I think its awesome that whoever produced it would put it out for free. I wonder who financed it, Apple, the audio book manufacturer, the govt.? Anyway, not trying to start a political discussion but just thought I'd let everyone know its out for free.

2. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

yep, I downloaded it last night. It's good to listen too, since I probably wouldn't have read the 600 page book. The stuff about Arizona always creeps me out, since I live there. Apple probably isn't financing this, it could be Audible, since it's presented by them.

3. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

Yeah, I saw this and downloaded it last night. I haven't listened to it yet, but I think making it available as an audiobook was a nice public service, whoever was responsible for it. The only part of the 9\11 report that I was considering reading was the executive summary (about 26 pages), so it's nice that I can just listen to it instead.

4. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

You can also download the testimony's from the 9-11 Commission Panel for free. They have Condi Rice, Rudy Guliani, etc... You can also download the Press Conference for free.

Do a search for 9-11 Commission.

5. mlw1235 macrumors 6502

add DNC speeches to that list too...at least there is a link to the page, I don't see anything on it right now.....

6. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

For whatever reason that page is really flakey. I've seen the speeches from the first two days of DNC appear and disappear randomly. I was able to downloaded days 1 and 2 (when they actually showed up), but days 3 and 4 have not showed up yet.

7. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

interesting, thanks for the heads up. i was browsing through the report last night at barnes and noble, might just listen bits of it instead

8. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

It'd be awesome if they put the whole report on there at some point...Free would be especially awesome.

I'll go out and buy the book itself sometime soon, as I prefer reading over listening, if I have time to do both.

9. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Thanks, wish they had a direct link to their free downloads like this stuff. It would also be nice for press conferences and debates to be put up there.

Great public service! Thanks Apple, way to go.

10. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

11. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Thats really generous of Apple and Audible.com, it must cost a small fortune for all that bandwidth.

9/11 report + 2004 Democrat convention = 800 MB per person! :eek:

12. scottwat macrumors regular

I add to everyone else, this is a great public service. And to add to it all it's nice to do more than just listen to music on the iPod. I some how feel alittle smarter and more informed now thanks to apple and audible!

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

14. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

For that reason, everyone that downloaded it should send a message of thanks. It may mean that iTMS may be able to offer more public service downloads in the future.

15. scottwat macrumors regular

I think thats a great idea, I guess we could use the feedback page at

feedback

16. fuzzwud macrumors regular

17. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Subliminal messages?

18. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

So anyone know who's footing the bill for this? Is it C-SPAN, Apple, or Audible?

I know that C-SPAN does free things now and then. For example, C-SPAN gives my university free access to its tv networks through our online television system, so it might be that C-SPAN is covering the costs of disseminating this.