9/14 Is Nintendos Offical Wii Day!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by twistedlegato, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

2. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Oh, snap! It must be pretty close to release... here's hoping they pull an Apple and say "And it's available...now!" :D

3. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Awesome. I already knew this but I am always glad to hear some Wii news. Do you think that once they release that release date that EBGames will start taking pre-orders? I want to get my name on my local EBGames' list as soon as possible so I can get a Wii at launch!

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

When I saw this thread I was thinking about the Wii being released on the 14th.....got me all excited for nothing:mad:

Bless

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

finally! this is it. I've got a feeling the rumours won't stop though. months down the line full of "Wii graphics chip is massively underclocked, why?" "Wii controller has built in frogs, herpetologists puzzled" etc. Remember the BT/Wifi card in 4th gen iPods :rolleyes:

6. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Oh sorry Bless (can i call you?)
    But dont worry as soon as its 9/14 we will know and i will make anoher thread (if i can beat macrumorsuser and GFLpraxis to it:rolleyes: )
    Saying 10/14 IS THE REALLY OFFICAL OFFICAL SUPER DUPER WIIIIIII DAY!!!!!!

And i thought you were gettin a ps3?
    but evem though i know you still want a wii:D

7. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Frogs in the wii-mote????????? righhhhhht

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

They've been taking pre-orders for this thing down at Myer for ages.

EBGames is taking pre-orders for the PS3 (aussie release date 17/11) - get this, trade in a PS2 and 25 games and you can buy the PS3 for $679... that's more than a 360.

Damn that's expensive. I think Wii pre-orders were about $100, it's expected to be in the $400 to $450 range. About $200 cheaper than the 360 and half the price of the PS3.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It's even madder here. The Core 360 is less than half the price of the PS3.
    Wii= £150. 360 Core= £200. 360 Prem= £270. PS3= £450 (we only get the top-end model in Europe)

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

What's really interesting about the article ???

This.....

Why you ask ?

Well if it was merely to announce the release of the console some 4 - 6 weeks hence, why the rush to fit all 3 press conference & teritories all in the same day or thereabouts... There simply would be NO need to do this, they could have announced all teritory pricing & release date at 1 event...

Which leads to more speculation as to why the three all at the same time ?

I predict that within a day or two of the 14th the wii will be available worldwide... It's the only reason I can think to have 3 press conferences hurried together with region specifics mapped out......

Wii could have a wii before the end of the month... :D :D :D :D

2 weeks is enough time to send out marketing stuff to the stores, and to get promo material ready for launch day. It's also enough time to start the shipping of product to each central territory wharehouses for despatch to stores etc....

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm one of those guys that get every gaming system out there...never contain myself to one....although the PS3 tops my list and I own the 360...wii next. As of today I own every current gen system and handheld because I have nothing else to do with money:)

Bless

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yea, I picked up on that when the other regions where announced a bit ago. Would be nice. I still think they're going to do something like that, some massive global launch. I even think the days fall in the traditional order too (Japan first, US, then Europe).

A message from above just told me it will be out on the day of the press event. :p

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Jimmi i've told you before, those voices you hear giving you messages, are simply a case of you forgeting to take your lithium :p :D :D :D

How I'd love it to be true, but thinking about it we havent heard of any games going 'gold' yet :eek: Or previews of final builds, so I'm kinda of thinking it will still be november :( :(

Oh well there's too many good games between now & oct for the 360 anyway :D

Same here, though a ps3 doesnt top my list.. A mac pro does that, I will get all the systems (and a macpro)

14. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Think of all the chaos there would be in the UK. No-one would have placed a pre-order and there's been very little marketing to a wide audience apart from E3 and word-of-mouth.

I'm expecting a October release for Japan, October/ November for US, November for Europe.

Price-wise, I'm hoping no more than £150 retail and hopefully a few surprises like Wii Sports or an extra Wii-Mote and Nunchuk or maybe free Virtual Console games.

According to Matt Casamassina of IGN, a better, near final build of Red Steel should be demoed at the Sept. 14th event.

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Why would you want out any earlier than November anyway(people might not be ready for a september launch)....Novembr is fair enough for those needing to save some money(like me) only thing I want to know now is EVERYTHING about the system.

Bless

16. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

.....I WANT IT NOW BLESS HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT...even though i dont have enough money i could ask for a loan from my father (i have $220)

17. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

If it launched on the 14th/15th/16th, it would be chaos-- that's my first week of college/uni!

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Would Nintendo be all that bothered with preorders? If they can keep up with demand then it harms no-one.

Though I think it's unlikely they could do it there is always that possibility.

Remember the Blue Ocean Strategy? Part of it talks about disregarding what has already been, ignore competitors whilst they duke it out. Things are saying no, things are saying yes.

19. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Well i just hope i can get a wii with 2 remotes and nun-chucks.....wii sports and maybe a few hundred tokens for the virtual concole for $230

20. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Exactly my point, it's a near final build in september.... Then a few weeks to iron out other bits and pieces, then to go gold, then to go to duplication / manufacture, then to distribute........

Still looking at November.......

21. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

yea, i don't see a september release happening; not if they want a great lineup of launch games.

I'd be happy if they just told us the final details on the 14th. release date, price, specs, what's bundled with it etc...

22. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

The title is very misleading. On this thread and on the article. They should of just wrote "Nintendo will demo Wii once again in Tokyo on September 14th"

23. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

But it is the wii day:) !!!!!!!!!!!

I mean a wii conference in Europe, Asia, and North America.....it is soo wii day!

24. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

If you go onto EB Games' website, you can click on Wii in the Specialty Shops menu and get put on an e-mail list. I'm assuming everybody on that list gets an e-mail as soon as it's available for preorder. I already preordered three Wii games from EBGames.com! :)

Daniel.

25. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Really which ones??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.