Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CarterKlatt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2016
Does anyone have some form of idea of when the jailbreak for 9.3.3 is releasing? I am trying to do my first jailbreak ever so I would really just like to find the right stuff! Thanks everyone!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
No one knows. It's a waiting game.

One thing I can guarantee you though is that when it does drop it will be pandemonium. Lots of people have been waiting a very long time.

Reactions: Truefan31

CarterKlatt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2016
No one knows. It's a waiting game.

One thing I can guarantee you though is that when it does drop it will be pandemonium. Lots of people have been waiting a very long time.
[doublepost=1469161670][/doublepost]Will it be easily accessible? Who is going to post it?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
[doublepost=1469161670][/doublepost]
Will it be easily accessible? Who is going to post it?
I would check this link: http://reddit.com/r/jailbreak/new

Usually the reddit subreddit jailbreak is the first to hear. What'll happen is you'll see a bazillion posts, most of them will have the website. Once the website gets overloaded (usually happens pretty fast) people will start posting the download to various cloud sites. Those should still be safe.

Once it's known there it usually takes just a little while for the news to show up here. Some of us users here also are active on the jailbreak subreddit. We'll post links.

A page here will show up about what tweaks are compatible sooner or later.

And then of course many posts about how to jailbreak, problems encountered, etc, etc.

It'll be like the 4th of July on a silent/dark winter night - you can't miss it. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: iRetired and Chukwe

CarterKlatt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2016
I would check this link: http://reddit.com/r/jailbreak/new

Usually the reddit subreddit jailbreak is the first to hear. What'll happen is you'll see a bazillion posts, most of them will have the website. Once the website gets overloaded (usually happens pretty fast) people will start posting the download to various cloud sites. Those should still be safe.

Once it's known there it usually takes just a little while for the news to show up here. Some of us users here also are active on the jailbreak subreddit. We'll post links.

A page here will show up about what tweaks are compatible sooner or later.

And then of course many posts about how to jailbreak, problems encountered, etc, etc.

It'll be like the 4th of July on a silent/dark winter night - you can't miss it. :D
Awesome! Thanks so much for the help! I'll have to keep that sub Reddit on my front page on my iPhone. We will keep in touch!

Reactions: eyoungren

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I believe jailbreaks take the form of a circle instead of a square.

But, for real no jb yet. Check the Reddit page from above. Best place currently to heard and trust of a real new jailbreak.

Funso

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2011
At this point I don't think we will see a new jailbreak until iOS 10 is released.

Wow, So wrong, and less than 24 hours before the actual Jailbreak releases.

I'm just ribbing you good-naturedly, Very happy to see the new jailbreak released today. I think we're all very happy people.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
Pangu just announced it. Waiting for it to drop.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    404.2 KB · Views: 249

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
On iclarified it says

"The jailbreak is for 64-bit devices only and is not fully untethered. It requires that you rerun a jailbreak app on your device if it is rebooted."

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
On iclarified it says

"The jailbreak is for 64-bit devices only and is not fully untethered. It requires that you rerun a jailbreak app on your device if it is rebooted."

Does that mean you lose all your tweaks and have to re-install them each time?

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Does that mean you lose all your tweaks and have to re-install them each time?
No, they will still be there. Your tweaks become unusable as if they were never installed (though they still are). Rejailbreaking brings everything back to the way it was in your jailbroken state. Its semi-tethered, tether would make your phone useless unless you had a computer around, this boots into regular OS and you enter JB state with the PP app. Just open the PP app (on your phone), press in the green circle, lock phone, and it resprings back to JB mode, all apps/tweaks still there.

Reactions: yui4

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Well…Fourth of July on a silent/dark winter night.

As I indicated, reddit has exploded and the threads are also happening here.

I doubt the jailbreak will remain a tethered one for long. They'll find some way to make it fully tethered at some point. It's early yet and they always tend to work the major bugs out within the first month or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.