Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guywoodman7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
New York
Has anyone had any luck finding the new Smart Keyboard in stock? Everywhere. I've looked seemed to not have them. I'm just curious if the stores never actually got stock in the first place or if they sold out quick.

gatorknight904

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Dallas/Ft. Worth
Has anyone had any luck finding the new Smart Keyboard in stock? Everywhere. I've looked seemed to not have them. I'm just curious if the stores never actually got stock in the first place or if they sold out quick.

Apple stores had minimal stock yesterday. I picked up one at the apple store in Fort Worth, TX. I only saw three on the shelf when they opened at 10am.

However, it seems Best Buy.com has the quickest delivery times.

jcc1215

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2016
My Apple store said they had them yesterday, but none today. I was told they could be back in stock as soon as tomorrow, but likely not for a week.

devilsnj30

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
My Apple store said they had them yesterday, but none today. I was told they could be back in stock as soon as tomorrow, but likely not for a week.

I actually grabbed one from Verizon online. Managed to grab it with my accessory discount. They fixed that little bonus though.

gatorknight904

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Dallas/Ft. Worth
I actually grabbed one from Verizon online. Managed to grab it with my accessory discount. They fixed that little bonus though.

Went to look at Verizon.com to see if my discount works since it didn't in the Apple Store. The only keyboard I saw was for the 12.9" iPad. Are you sure you got the right one? It should have been $149 not $169.

devilsnj30

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
Went to look at Verizon.com to see if my discount works since it didn't in the Apple Store. The only keyboard I saw was for the 12.9" iPad. Are you sure you got the right one? It should have been $149 not $169.

Yup, it came to 112 before tax after the discount. The silicone case and smart cover were also showing discounts. That has all become nixed since. So I think they might have forgot to make them exempt from the discount and caught on.

Reactions: gatorknight904

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
The 4 local Apple store that are within 15 miles of me have none and the remaining store that are considered close by don't have any either.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Glad to see Apple learned something from last year's Apple Pencil boondoggle.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
The Smart Keyboard seems to be out of stock anywhere in Hong Kong too. Luckily I just got the last one from an Authorized Reseller. Otherwise my iPad would need to stay naked for 1-2 weeks more (the estimated shipment date of Apple.com)

guywoodman7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
New York
I was able to get one today in NYC. I saw stock appear as available for pickup via the Apple Store app in the morning, but they seem to have sold out very quickly. I was quick enough to grab one though. Keep checking that app when the stores open in the morning to see if they have stock and reserve it for pickup. I'm typing this on the keyboard right now and I really dig it!

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
North Jersey has them in stock at GSP & Tice's Corner. A friend in the area has been looking for it and ordered online to pickup in store.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015

Walked in at 11am Today they said wait for UPS delivery at 12:00 Purchased one was out the door.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
This keyboard is a lot better than I was expecting it to be.

Same here. I tried one over the weekend in one of my local Apple Stores and ordered one today for pick up tomorrow.

Anyone in the UK looking for one John Lewis currently has them in stock. I have an order with Apple which won't be available until the 19th. My John Lewis order will be available tomorrow for pick up.

Reactions: tgara

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
Same here. I tried one over the weekend in one of my local Apple Stores and ordered one today for pick up tomorrow.

I did the same last weekend as well, and was pleasantly surprised. Despite being a bit small, it's actually quite easy to type on it. I was making very few errors, and the tactile feedback was pretty good.

I had to order mine online since none were available in my store. :( I should get it next week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.