90 day all inclusive Warranty drawing to end..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BilltheCat, Mar 25, 2007.

1. BilltheCat macrumors regular

BilltheCat

I love my iMac and believe it to be well designed well made and well supported.

But I got this email from Apple and they are trying to remind me to buy Applecare before my 90 days runs out.

Did you do it? Do I really need it?

I realize that if the iMac melts on me I of course need it. But does this happen much?

I am in a large metropolitan central Florida area so finding an apple store is probably pretty much a given I guess. I can take it in if it stop working.

But even so, am I better off with the full and extended warranty?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It's 90-day support. The standard warranty is for a full year.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You don't need to purchase AppleCare until one year after purchase, and the standard hardware warranty remains in effect until then. You won't have phone support, but should you need it, you can always buy AppleCare at that time.

4. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I would buy it before the year was up.

But, for days 91-364 you can go to the store. Provided you are "cool" with that - you will have to pay to call....

You have 2 stores to pick from - so odds are you can get help same day if needed.

5. BilltheCat thread starter macrumors regular

BilltheCat

Thanks. It's a 3 yr extended warranty which I think means 3 yrs total from when I bought the iMac yes? So what I would be buying is 2 more years of hardware warranty and from 90 days or when I buy it to 3yrs total for phone support yes?

6. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Phone support is useless, all that matters is hardware support.

With phone support all you get it "the nearest Applecentre to your location is ...."

Yeah, that is so helpful.

7. BilltheCat thread starter macrumors regular

BilltheCat

well I have really gotten most of my support from here anyway. as a pc user in the past I never called redmond.

hardware replacement or repair is something I would need externally though. You folks are wonderful to be around!