911 was an inside job

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zwhaler, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Yes, I said it. I came across a DVD the other day called "911 Mysteries Part 1: Demolitions" and watching it was not only creepy, but shocking. The person who made it announces in the beginning how he is a conservative republican, and how he was outraged by the talk of 911 being an inside job. As he went on to prove this wrong (that it was set up), he came realized that the story that the public was told, not the story of the 911 set up, was false.

The movie is about 90 minutes along, and just piles on the evidence about how explosives were set off after the planes hit the buildings to cause the buildings to fall, not the "extreme temperatures" caused by the planes crashing into the towers. As you look deeper into the mystery, many important facts are told that were not told to the general public, amazingly enough. Such as one guy who made an insurance claim for seven billion dollars, and in his insurance policy (which was made before the attacks of 911) he required that he would be covered against not one, but two attacks, specifically: terrorist attacks. People should have known that someone got rich off of 911.

I have so far made 24 copies of the DVD and with the help of my uncle, are handing them out to people (mostly conservative republicans that we know) and getting them to watch the movie to see the truth. I know that nearly all of you will assume this is "liberal propeganda" but just watch the movie, and do some research. You will be surprised by what you will find. Visit www.911mysteries.com for more information. Bring on the comments.

EDIT: Ok, you guys seem to have misunderstood me a little bit. My point isn't that Bush is evil and blew up the Twin Towers. My point is that those towers did not fall because of a plane, and that explosives were planted within a few weeks prior to the attacks. Do not attack the film if you have not seen it, and do not make claims that directly contradict those made in the film, because like I said, physics doesn't lie. The point of this topic is to discuss the film, the possibility of the government being involved, and the unfinished stories behind 911, such as Building 7... someone please explain how that thing came down. Also, I am not saying that there weren't terrorists in that plant that hit the towers, I am just saying that there is more to it than that.

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I've seen a similar documentary. I forget what it was called though. It was pretty interesting. I personally don't know what to believe.

3. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I've seen a lot of those "documentaries". The evidence they provide is comical, and I have not come across one person (in real life) who was both intelligent and believed 9/11 to be an inside job. I do not think the people who create that FUD are intelligent...and I am basing that on the arguments they make in their docs.

It just goes to show you -- make a doc about something, and someone out there will believe you. :rolleyes:

I am a registered democrat.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I've seen some of the conspiracy theories about it and I don't think that it was done by our government. If there actually any bombs set off inside, why couldn't they have been planted by terrorists, if they were able to hijack 4 planes I don't think it would have been much harder to plant a few bombs. The only thing our government did to help it was to make a few mistakes, and not act on threats that they were getting.

5. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

People like you who throw the word liberal around ruin everything for the real liberals everywhere.

I am a liberal but I do NOT believe that 9/11 was an "inside job"

6. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

To conclude that 9/11 was an inside job would mean, flat out, that Bush is an evil man (according to all these conspiracy theories.)

Now, I do NOT like Bush. I think he is irresponsible and whimsical with important decisions...but i do NOT think he is evil and would want to see that many people die in such a horrible event just for money. You've gotta be kidding me.

7. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Well... I was just using that expression in anticipation of all of the conservatives who use it aginst real liberals, like me. I could get into it, but I won't bother. One guy who I brought this up two said it just like that, and I guess I was expecting more people on here to do the same.

8. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I do not believe it was an inside job...HOWEVER I don't think that we know the true story...something smells fishy...

9. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

10. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

I've seen a documentary on the subject and I have to say, as skeptical as I am, if even one of the many claims they made are true, the government has some explaining to do.

11. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I think Bush is a complete moron, but by no means evil.

You would have to on the list of top ten worst people of all time to do something like that.

9/11 was not an inside job.

12. Dr.Gargoyle macrumors 65816

Dr.Gargoyle

Roswell, JFK, and now 911...
    Think Occam's razor - One should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.

On a side note, I have seen a couple of those conspiracy tapes. Clearly the same lot that argues UN is about to invade US.

13. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

The evidence they provide in the film I saw is based on physics, chemistry, and engineering. I do not know what was in the films you saw, but there was nothing comical about the evidence in the film I saw. Speaking of believing documentaries, the main reason you hold the position you do, is because you believe something you saw on TV.

Buildings that tall cannot "pancake collapse" in the eight to ten seconds that they did without the use of explosives. Also, Building 7 "fell", in textbook demolition fasion, by about 5:30 PM on 911 without ever having been majorly structurally damaged. People who question authority, especially those questioning the Bush administration, and who want the truth, are not unintelligent and are not unpatriotic. I consider people who believe everything they are told on TV to be unintelligent.

If you want to know what really happened, use the famous three words of advice from Watergate: "Follow the money". Just find out who made money, and who stood to gain from such a disaster.

A true liberal, such as myself, would never describe the film I saw as liberal propeganda. It's neo-cons, Republicans, and right wingers that throw that word around incorrectly, gratuitously, and disparagingly. It isn't a matter of whether or not a person is liberal, it is a question of what is and isn't true. Physics doesn't lie, people do.

14. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

Ok... so how does this prove that our government is involved with this?

I am also a little confused. They first claim that heat would not have at all affected the steel structure, and they try to prove that by having some MIT guy say that the heat weakened the structure. So they are basically contradicting themselves the way I see it.

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Sorry, but this looks a little nuts to me as well. While I certainly think Bush ignored the warning signs, I don't think the administration set about to plant bombs either.

16. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Don't forget "the U.S. never landed on the moon" one.

17. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Inside job my butt. Bush hasn't handled the situation well but inside job? pfft sure.

18. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Oh please...don't tell me that people still fall for the "I was X, but I learned A,B and C and changed my position to Y" stuff. That's a standard BS line from whichever camp it comes out of. People just don't go around switching their Kool-aid of choice from Rockadile Red over to Ice Blue Island Twist, even over events as big as this.

19. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Couldn't agree more.

20. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Actually he is right. A lot of people have gone out to prove something wrong and ended up believing whatever it is in the end.

Personally I don't buy the conspiracy theory. I've seen/read both sides of the story and find that everything that happened can be explained simply and logically. Besides, why would the government want to start a war, supposedly, "on terror?"

21. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

22. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Weather or not the guy is actually who he says he is, and is in the position that he says he is, is irrelevant. Evidence is evidence, and lying about how you are a right winger who changed positions, makes no difference.
    And he never really changed his position, he is still a republican (assuming he is telling the truth), he just know now that the towers did not fall because of the plane.
    Great argument :rolleyes: show me a 90 minute film with overwhelming evidence cooresponding to those websites and get back to me.

23. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

They don't. Again, this comes back to what is said on TV, and what the Bush administration whats you to think. It is all about oil, my friend. Did Iraq have anything to do with 911? No. And don't act like if Iraq had not a drop of oil in its soil that we would be fighting a war there. This is such a complex topic, but I'll make it simple.

911 = A Reason to invade Afganistan
    Saddam = A reason to invade Iraq (with no WMDs found)
    Once in Iraq, we can take their oil, and claim that we are there to fight terrorists. We are actually doing this, but the issue goes deeper than that.

Iraq, 80 or so years ago used to be three countries that hated each other. Then the world decided to put those three together into one country and called it "Iraq". We then put in a puppet government which led to groups of extremists within Iraq (the original 3 groups that hated each other) to kill each other, which is pretty much what is going on today, except now each group has a fourth enemy, US.

24. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

before the internet, it was more difficult to find info to debunk conspiracy theories.

and not suprisingly, before the internet, it was also more difficult to spread them.