Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vettori

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Italy, near Venice
Been looking for an app like Group Text for a while now. Thank you for making this!! I am telling all my friends. Can you make a group email app? :)

Cro-Mag Rally is now updated for Retina Display on iPhone 4.

ABContacts has both the features but it's more complicated because it has a lot of other features. I'm going to replicate the app for emails because I've understand that many users aren't interested in complex full featured apps but want simpler and easier ones.

Thank you for using the app :)

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
So apps that haven't been updated yet have low res icons? That's going to look strange.

They are low res in comparison to the new icons, but they will look pretty much the same as they do on the 3GS. I'd imagine they use a higher resolution mask for the corners as well, making the borders look the same.

float1975

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2009
iDownload 2.0 just approved, should show up soon in app store !

(New for iPhone4)
Retina Display support

(New for iOS4)
Multitasking support, downloads will continue in background

(New for iOS3.2 and higher)
Universal app (iPad support)
USB iTunes File Sharing support
External Display support
Preview engine powered by QuickLook

vettori

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Italy, near Venice
Vettori, when you developers update your apps to enable "multitasking", is it just a recompilation using SDK 4 or do you have to add in the API code?

It depends on what a developer has to do with multitasking.

My apps supports "fast switching". But even before iOS4 every time my app was closed, it saved the current state and next time it started on the same place. iOS4 has slightly simplified the process. It took me an hour to use fast switching in my apps.

If instead an app needs to do something while in background, for example Pandora or Skype, then it is a bit more complicated.

kodek

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2009
Vettori, when you developers update your apps to enable "multitasking", is it just a recompilation using SDK 4 or do you have to add in the API code?

Even if all you want is Fast App switching, you still have to do a little bit of extra coding to support it.

If one just recompiles the app, fast app switching works, but if one closes the app through the app switcher, or the OS runs out of memory and closes it, all the data you changed will probably be lost. Why? because app developers used to save the data when the OS told the apps they were going to terminate, but now when an app goes to the background, they never get that message. Once theyre in the background, the data should be saved.

What app developers have to do is move the code from the terminate notification to the "going to background" notification, and the app will save like it used to.

Hope that helps :p

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
The Kindle app looks very good.

It says optimized for the retina.

Anyway, it's utility has increased considerably.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.